• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Exit Code 151

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to install photoshop and inDesign but every time I try it immediately fails both times i get this:

Exit Code: 151

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 151) executing in command 'CreateMacAliasCommand' for package: 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul', version:1.0.4

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul Version: 1.0.4). Error code: '151'

WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

uninstall everything cc including preferences, Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

then uninstall the cc desktop app, Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

clean your computer of cc files per How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

then uninstall the cc desktop app, Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

clean your computer of cc files per How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above didn't work for me. Here's what did work. I trashed the file that was referenced in the 'warning' path of /Library/Colorsync/Profiles/Recommended. After the install the files in the Recommended folder was replaced by an alias pointing to an original with all the correct 'recommended' profiles. I thought about trashing the Recommended folder when I first saw the warning but didn't. After a whole day of following other recommendations, this was all it took. Good Luck.

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 5.27.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU garym17996576!!!! I spoke all day with the support, tried everything they suggested and nothing helped! I deleted all the Color Profiles in the Recommended Folder and it worked like a charme, now Indesign CC is finally installed, after 13hours!!! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me! I was working on this for hours and just couldn't figure out why it was getting stuck. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the above tip! Quick question though as I am a novice, how do i access those files to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me! I didn't even need to start over. . . just copied that folder to a backup location, deleted it, then pressed 'retry' in the installer and it carried on from where it has the issue and finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time. Persevere...

I had to run the installer twice and delete two different ColorSync folders. The first time I got the error message on  /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles but deleting that folder didn't solve the problem. I ran the installer again and this time the error came up for a different folder  /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended Profiles.

Once I deleted that second folder the program installed just fine. IOW,  it may take more than one try to get it done.

FATAL: Error (Code = 151) executing in command 'CreateMacAliasCommand' for package: 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul', version:1.0.4

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul Version: 1.0.4). Error code: '151'

WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I have been working on that for days! šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH. You really help us to solve a several days problem.

I suggest continue helping people with real solutions like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt find the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended where do u go to delete that?? please im really stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You start by double clicking on the icon for the hard drive on your desktop.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.47.26 AM.png

When that window is open you should see the Library file

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.47.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "recommended" folder isn't there for me. Not sure if my problem is the same as this one though...mine does fail to install and it says unable to create symbolic link (error code: 151). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RFSLeander  wrote

Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time. Persevere...

I had to run the installer twice and delete two different ColorSync folders. The first time I got the error message on  /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles but deleting that folder didn't solve the problem. I ran the installer again and this time the error came up for a different folder  /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended Profiles.

Once I deleted that second folder the program installed just fine. IOW,  it may take more than one try to get it done.

WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended".

This worked perfectly for me. I searched all night and couldn't figure out why after effects would not install on a new Mac Pro (2017) with Adobe Creative Cloud 2018. It would get to about 5% and then give this same exit code 151.

Once I deleted the two folders, it worked perfectly.

Thanks RFSLeanderā€‹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless all of you i literally spent my entire saturday working on this and only what you said worked!!! I too had to delete both folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I deleted both folders it finally worked for me too. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same with me. i tried the "correct answer" so many times and it did not work. I tried your solution and BAM it's installed! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you as well! Seems stupid that Adobe CC has provided a fix for this or explained why it is happening. Even on their own website they give you reference to the error, but no way to actually fix it. Somewhat frustrating for something I pay $600/yr for! But THANK YOU THANK YOU for this help. Deleting that "Recommended" folder is the only thing that worked for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to figure out what to do if the recommended folder isn't showing? I understand you have to delete it however when I open the profiles folder it's empty.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. The only thing in my ColorSync folder is a Profiles folder with a "Color LCD Calibrated.icc" file in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

djcege, I called Adobe support and they figured it out for me. Recommend doing the same if you haven't gotten it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MacBook Pro using Mojave 10.14.2. I got this same error for Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign, which were all apps I already had Creative Suite versions of. I couldn't update those or install Creative Cloud versions. So I selected the original CS folders under Applications > Command + I > scrolled down to the bottom right > clicked the padlock icon to "unlock" permissions. Retried the failed installations and install and updates worked perfectly after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting 'Recommended' folder worked for me as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I finally got it installed!

I first called adobe - (800) 433-8158. They routed me to screen.share.adobe.com and they took over my computer from there.

I realized I had not followed the above directions correctly in reference to deleting the "Recommended" folder in /Library/Colorsync/Profiles/Recommended. If anyone else is new to installation troubleshooting, here's a tip: make sure you're deleting the above folder from the system library, not the user library.

On a mac, click on Finder>Go>Go to Folder> and then type "/Library". From there, locate Colorsync>Profiles>Recommended and delete the entire "Recommended" folder. Then restart the computer. Do not skip this. It should then download!

Before, I had gone to Finder>Go> and then pressed "option" to make the "Library" appear, which was actually the user library. I could get as far as the "Profiles" folder, but this folder had nothing inside.

If you have this problem but are afraid of deleting random files from your computer, don't fret! They'll walk you through the above process. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines