Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you open creative cloud files from your app/browser

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is.

If you're on another PC, can you open synced creative cloud files to edit them.

Say if I have synced a file on Computer A. And that file is now on my cloud file folder. Can I open that file and edit it from Computer B as long as I have CC installed on it to be able to see the file?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe a better explanation would be is there something like.

File > Open > from Creative Cloud

is there an option like that available that I'm missing? or can you only edit files on the native PC they were created on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two options available.

If you have the Creative Cloud app and file syncing on Computer B then just open the file in the Creative Cloud Files folder on Computer B. Make your edits. They will sync up to the Creative Cloud and down to Computer A.

On Computer B use a web browser to visit the Files Page at https://creative.adobe.com/files. Download the file to Computer B via Actions > Download. Make your edits. Then upload the file using the Replace option available from Actions > Replace. This will replace the file with the newer version which will be available on Computer A due to the file syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I like the first option better but when I open the Creative cloud Files Folder on Computer B I don't see any files at all. Even though they are in that folder and totally synced up to the cloud. Is there something extra I have to do on Computer B to pull all the files to that folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are signed in with the same Adobe ID on both Computer A and Computer B.

Depending on how much you have stored it will take some time to sync the files down to the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I just didn't wait long enough for it to pull the files down (approx 6GB) but I'm signed in with the same Adobe ID on both sides. I'll try again today and update later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I did a test of just 1 (one) file and it worked going from Computer B to Computer A and vice versa.

When I tried the original idea of a folder with multiple subfolders ( equalling approx 6.7Gb) nothing happens. Loading all files from Computer A. It keeps telling me "Some Files Failed to Sync" when I turn on Computer B. It doesn't even show the main folder.

in addition. with that structure, I've noticed that if you update one file (from Computer A) then you get the "Some Files Failed to Sync" also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-Tried (or whatever term you would use) this with Dropbox with no problem at all.

My new question is... Is functionality not ready yet and just wait longer? Is functionality like this 'ever' going to happen? Is functionality like this even being worked on?

I ask because I have the 100GB service and there's no use to it if it doesn't work like the average folder system does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This help page covers some of the reasons files may not be syncing: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html.

If you click on the "Some Files Failed to Sync" you will see the names of the failed files. Which file names are failing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were 5 files that didn't sync because for Adobe the length of the file's name/address is too long. so I fixed that but still... when I go over to Computer B there is no download of anything at all and it's weird b/c this technology is not nearly new at all. which leads me to my questions that I mentioned above.

When it comes to conjoined folders for a certain user name to be completely synced by Computer A uploading and Computer B downloading exaclty what's on Computer A...

Is functionality not ready yet and just wait longer? Is functionality like this 'ever' going to happen? Is functionality like this even being worked on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email me the CoreSync log files from Computer B at kenrice@adobe.com. The logs should contain the reason nothing is syncing down.

The location for each OS are:

• Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log
  • Windows: %APPDATA%/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Note that on Mac OS X to see the user library from the Finder click on the Go menu and hold down the Alt/ Option key. Note that on Windows %APPDATA% is a variable that will change to the correct path depending on if version of Windows being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CoreSync files Sent.

Also, to make sure that I wasn't slightly insane. I tried this test between 3 different computers with dropbox instead from loading files, deleting files, replacing files, working in files and saving them to have them update to the other two computers multiple times with dropbox with no problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have there been any new developments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/6239944#6239944 please contact Ben Mordue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already 'prepped' him on my situation or am I starting over again with letting him know what's going on?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben has all of our previous email communication and the CoreSync logs. One more thing that will be helpful is if you can send the CoreSync logs from March 27th to today. There was a change on the backend but things are still not working for you so seeing the newer logs will help. Please email the logs to both Ben and I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any newer logs. I gave up after trying for 2 weeks in a row and haven't put anything up to sync since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Le Ill Kid,

I've replied to your email. I'd suggest continuing this conversation as email.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines