Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!

I need indesiogn for my Graphics Degree, I have just bought a laptop that cost me a grand and is more rhan cappable of supporting the application! after an entire day of trying to download the application 6 times and no decent help from tech support i still do not haver the programs, however they have my monthly subscription!!

Someone please help, i really need indesign and Illustrator as a matter of urgency

Many Mnat Thanks

Rich

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give details -- "unable to download" covers many different things. What are your symptoms? What error messages exactly?

Also what operating system does your fabulous laptop run, and how much RAM does it have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test_Screen_Name

when i mean unable to download it crashes at 35% everytime!! no error messages it just stops

i have a lenovo legion laptop with Windows 10 and 8 gig RAM, this is so frustrating and tech help werent really any help!!

Please help thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, barely adequate RAM (not enough for some CC apps; I'd have wanted more for a grand) but you should be able to download. I wish I had a suggestion, lots of people see this problem (not actually a crash, if I understand you correctly, but a hang, a very different thing). Actually, I have one idea, that the downloader does not recover well from losing contact or changing wifi point. Worth making sure you stay still, close to a good wifi port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought this one for the graphice capability as i has a bloody good one! i tried exactly that by the way, i sat in the smae sopt and did not move it what so evr at at all and still it did "hang" everytime?

Am i paying a monthly subscription for nothing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, graphics capability without enough RAM. Ok, your choice. Anyway, we have no magic solutions to this problem here, you might try to persist with Customer Service. If you make it clear they must make it work or refund you, it might focus their mind on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 gig is plenty of RAM? according to there system requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Plenty"?

InDesign 2020: 4 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)

Illustrator 2020: 8 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended) 

You should be ok so long as you run only one app at a time, but it's a weirdly unbalanced machine if you spent big on the GPU. InDesign doesn't even use the GPU in Windows. Of course if it's a gaming machine it may be great for that.

As you start to get to other apps, you find you won't be able to run them at all eg

AfterEffects: 16 GB minimum (32 GB recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gonna run them both together that would justr be silly i have another laptop to that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines