• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open!

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apps recetently updated. Unfortunantly, I am unable to open them? Any suggestions? I have uninstalled and reloaded.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem for two days.   I've tried the uninstall/reinstall,  uninstall/remove creatve cloud/reboot/ reinstall creative cloud/reinstall apps  but PP, AE Media Encode and CA still will not load.  Fisrt time I try they display the splashscreen, show items loading and then die.  Works on my Macbook Pro but not my iMac.   2019 versions all work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem! It's been affecting older versions that I kept as well, and of course I am on a dealine. WTF Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start with some specifics.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Processor 4.2 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphocs Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I installed but cannot open Premier Pro 2020, AE 2020, CA 2020, Encoder 2020.  They all open the splash screen and start to load items then stop running.  All the version from 2019 still work.

I tried many different approaches including uninstalled all of them, clearing the OOBE folder, reinstalling just one of them, renooting between many of the steps above.

Thanks - bj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Model Name: Mac Pro

OS 10.13.6

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 8 MB
Memory: 52 GB

Finally got apps to open but now I cannot get my AEP file into Media Encoder. File was produced in AE 2019 and I have tried both the '19 and '20 versions of AME. I get a Failed to connect to Dynamic Link Server on both. I'm on a hot deadline here and I am sweating bullets after spending the day having to shutdown or restart when CC locked up.
Boot ROM Version: MP51.0089.B00

CC is Teams version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can you provide more details around the issue such as:

• What operating system are you using? (Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Win 10, etc.)
  • Does the slash screen appear?
  • What model of computer is the issue occurring on? (2017 iMac, MS Surface Pro 4,etc.)
  • Do the 2019 products launch on the system?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried already? (I know some have provided this already)

For initial troubleshooting I'd suggest trying these:

• Recreate the preferences for the application

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) when launching the Adobe product.
You should be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you launch.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

• Create a new user account with admin rights, attempt launching the products in from the newly created user account

Win - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...
Mac - http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/17/how-create-new-admin-account-mac/

I'd start there. Please get back with more info.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Processor 4.2 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphocs Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I installed but cannot open Premier Pro 2020, AE 2020, CA 2020, Encoder 2020.  They all open the splash screen and start to load items then stop running.  All the version from 2019 still work.

I tried many different approaches including uninstalled all of them, clearing the OOBE folder, reinstalling just one of them, renooting between many of the steps above.

Thanks - bj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew. Its not only me! To resolve this I've had to do a complete restore of the drive.

HP Z400

Splash screen appears

Older versions wouldn't load either (in this case Premiere Pro 2015 which we keep because the graphics card isn't supported in later versions)

Ran trouble shooter for Illustrator but if kept cycling through the checking. Got up to 6 checks before I quit the checking.

One element that was worrying - after I had completed all the 2020 installs, Creative Cloud app then asked to be updated. And stalled at about 56% and Creative Cloud no longer present. Tried a manual install but it wouldn't run.

My personal MacBook Pro (Catalina) had no problems that I have found yet.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info. You might try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing Creative Cloud installation on the Win 10 system https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html Then reinstall using the Alternative download link from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html (this is to the full installer rather than one which updates). I'd recommend using right-click Run as admin for both the cleaner and the CC app installer to ensure you have proper rights as an additional precaution. Let me know if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines