• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Case-sensative volumes not supported

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drive failed and had to start from scratch, fresh/new install of 10.13.1 on new drive. When I went to install this is what I got. Don't know where to go from here.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.49.56 AM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Mikez23751120 the file format upgrade process, for macOS High Sierra, by default converts the drive to using APFS.  This does not include setting the drive to APFS (case-sensitive).  Please reformat the drive to use APFS and do not choose the (case-sensitive) option.  While we do support APFS the guidance provided in Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS continues to be accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about changing the formatting of your drive?

I think you'll need to find an Apple forum (or ask Apple) how to do that

Case sensitive drive formatting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2296860

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

Unfortunately Apple's "High Sierra" (10.13.1) coverted the file system to APFS from HFS. It is worthy to note that case-sensitive file structures don't seem to be uncommon. With the information I have seen so far it looks like the ball is in Adobe's court. I am hoping this post sheds more light on the issue or gives me more information to act on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

I have NO idea when (or even if) Adobe will do anything to let programs run on that format drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikez23751120 the file format upgrade process, for macOS High Sierra, by default converts the drive to using APFS.  This does not include setting the drive to APFS (case-sensitive).  Please reformat the drive to use APFS and do not choose the (case-sensitive) option.  While we do support APFS the guidance provided in Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS continues to be accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines