• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC files have been attacked by encryption virus. How do I delete?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative cloud files have been encrypted and I have received a ransom note.  I want to delete these files before the virus gets into my computer.  So far the only files affected are the cloud files that have not been synced to my computer.  How can I get rid of them and how was someone able to access the cloud files and attach a virus?  I am very concerned about security at this point.  I use CC at work and cannot take the risk of cloud files carrying a virus to my companies servers, that would be too devestating.

Please help.

JLD

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've sent you a private message for more information that will help us investigate this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a virus like problem with creative cloud. while working on files in AI or other cloud applications files from the folder I am working in get moved to the Recycle bin on my computer. You can actually open the recycle bin and watch the move over while not touching the machine.

Any advice would be great. I have the full norton security suite on and running.

thanks ts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a very similar situation.  My PC was taken over by Ransonware, and had to be completely re-imaged.  When I downloaded and installed CC again, the ransomware affected files were still in the CC folder.  This is a big issue, as Cloud Folders can potentially re-infect PC's once they are re-connected.

Always check any cloud folder (not just CC) to see if infected files are in there after you PC has been infected.

disclaimer: I'm not saying this is what you did JLD1987

On a different note, I called Adobe tech support (I'm assuming India), and tried to warn them about a potential security threat, and all they were trying to do was get me to subscribe (we are trialing the software ATM), they had no idea what I was talking about.

Mick B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines