• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC is failing to sync SOME files, not others

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small number of files I have sent to CC syncing service fail to sync. I have checked all the troubleshooting tips (no special characters in file name, etc.) and none of them apply. The files are .ai files and are big but not super huge: ~ 380 MB ea.

The file names of the ones that won't sync are 006.ai, 007.ai, and 009.ai.  However, other files in the series (made the same way, at the same time, and are about the same size) called 001.ai, 002, 003, 004, etc. all sync fine.

I have tried renaming the failing files before resaving (e.g. 009x.ai ) and they still fail. I have tried opening the original file on my desktop and doing 'save a copy' directly to CC. Still fails.

The consistent error message is "Some files failed to sync". The tantalizing "learn more" link just leads to the disappointingly uninformative message,"unable to sync 007.ai".

I have been trying for days - at first thinking maybe a spotty internet connection was the problem. But it fails whether syncing from home or work, or any day of the week.

I have also noted a message on the Adobe troubleshooting page that for large files, the actual sync doesn't happen until the whole file is copied, and until then the file is flagged as a 'fail'. Well, I've waited hours, and the flag never goes away. (And BTW, if it's true that a still-syncing file might be flagged as a fail and giving a message in past tense ("some files failED to sync") is dumb UX design and should be fixed.)

Running Mac OSX 10.8.5

Am getting really frustrated here. Whatver value CC syncing offers my life and workflow has been erased by the time I have wasted troubleshooting this problem.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Hi juliax99,

Could you send us some log files so that we can investigate this issue?

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read this page for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issues and the "Learn More" isn't at all helpful - only says that, "Creative Cloud is operating normally"...very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juliax99,

Could you send us some log files so that we can investigate this issue?

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read this page for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, I did what you suggested to juliax99 (turned on hidden folders) but still cannot find the path for the log files. I'm on a PC at work (Windows XP) and Windows 8 at home and syncing is an issue on both computers.

I did a search for the path and nothing turned up for what you show but I did find two folders in the Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\sibres path named CloudSync & CloudSyncExt. I know this thread is for juliax99 but can I send you the log files from CloudSync on my work computer and you see if you can figure out what the problem is? Let me know, thanks!

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry to anyone reading this; I made a typo in my post above. The correct paths are:

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same error - I think!

It says "Synch von * aufgrund eines Serverfehlers nicht möglich"

which means

"syny not possible due to server error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neitsch,

Could you also follow the steps above (post 4) to package up and send me your log files?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, do you have any clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neitsch,

Thanks for the logs. The files that are not syncing properly are Lightroom catalog files. The Lightroom/Creative Cloud FAQ does not recommend syncing Lightroom data files to Creative Cloud:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-creative-cloud-faq.html

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we're expected to go through ALL our files and take out our catalog files - this makes no sense. I have far too many folders to go through not to mention Lightroom is an Adobe product and should work with Adobe Cloud Storage - it's storing the file so I'm having a hard time understanding the issue. Every designer/photographer I know stores the CAT files in a folder withing the folder/original images and now I'm to understand that due to some internal conflict I cannot sync my files...?  Please clarify if possible.

Sincerely,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem:

It says "Synch. von <Dateiname> aufgrund eines Serverfehlers nicht möglich"

which means

"sync of <filename> not possible due to server error"

But I did not store a Lightroom catalog file (what is this?). Just a JPG. This JPG was stored from another user and it was in my creative cloud files but the system said that it could not snyc this file. Now the file is deleted from another user but the error-message above still occurs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines