• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing computers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to be changing PC to PC...I am happily using Photoshop CS5.1 and am not interesting in upgrading.  I have an original CS CD with serial number, I paid for and downloaded a CS4 upgrade (in I think 2008, serial in my account and it also says download) and paid for and downloaded a CS5 upgrade (in I think 2011, serial in my account and it also says download). 

Question is, how do I handle the switch?  Install CS from the CD with that serial number  and the download CS4, install, and then install CS5, or install CS and go directly to CS5, or can I directly install CS5 with the serial number?

This is one of the reasons I have put off upgrading computers.

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Just install CS5, enter your CS5 upgrade serial number then enter your CS4 upgrade serial number when prompted.

No need to install any earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install CS5, enter your CS5 upgrade serial number then enter your CS4 upgrade serial number when prompted.

No need to install any earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply...I seem to recall some years ago on another computer switch that the software gave me a message like "found no installed Adobe products" and it wanted me to install from the original CS CD.

So if I understand correctly, download the CS5 upgrade to the new machine, use that serial number...it will then prompt me for the CS4 upgrade serial number, use that and it will install and work...no need to use the original CS CD-Rom or that serial number...or install the CS4 upgrade, just the serial number when prompted.

Do I have this correct?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines