• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused, Since last CC app Update Core Sync continually stops working.

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occurring with a window popping up stating 'Core Sync has stopped working' more than once an hour, on both my laptop and desktop, both running Windows 7 64bit.

I just spent over 40 minutes on the phone with adobe tech support, to finally be told to turn file sync off in the creative cloud app at some point, and then being instructed to sign out and sign back in to the CC app, whereupon I was told the issue was fixed.

I asked if I could turn sync back on, and was told no, as the problem would recur. I asked then how I was supposed to use file sync then, and the tech simply disconnected. Shortly after this, the window popped up again though file sync was still paused.

So spending this time has solved nothing, I still have this problem on both my computers, support simply bailed on me, and I'm paying $50/month for this...and the window just popped up again.

How do I fix this other than simply turning the creative Cloud app off? I have looked through the forums some, but only seemed to find problems and not solutions.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Could you please try uninstalling the CC Desktop apps and delete this folder.

Windows:

C:\Users\abhijiku\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Once done please reinstall CC Desktop apps and try using the Sync feature. Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll do so right now and let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Drat, just popped up, here is an image of it and the problem signature:

CC-desktop.png

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    CoreSync.exe

Application Version:    1.1.3.24

Application Timestamp:    52aaef95

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp:    521ea8e7

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00097114

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    a7aa

Additional Information 2:    a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3:    a7aa

Additional Information 4:    a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hope this helps and thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I am sorry to hear that the steps did not work well.Could you please try creating a new Admin User account and check whether the Sync feature is working properly or not.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can do, but I'll do that tomorrow, as I'd already been dealing with the issue for 3 hours so far today and need to get on to other things. I'll let you know how it goes then, and thanks again for your time...

Interestingly also, atm the pop ups are happening much less often now, in fact not since I took a screenshot of the last one.

Thanks again for your time.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please contact someone on the development team and I suppose someone from public relations, and get a statement about what is actually being done to find the cause of this crashing issue?

It is unacceptable for Adobe to keep asking users to reinstall applications and to create new administrative users (Adobe apps should not require administrator privileges at all in the first place) everytime a crash report is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit to reaching a point of wanting to do this.

First let me state that I am finding helpful and knowledgeable people most especially here in the forums.

I have to state that the response I receive from their phone support seems a bit rout, and the the people I'm dealing with seem to spend long amounts of time researching what might be the problem, as opposed to having much experience with the problem.

It seems very complex overlapping issues are involved, from the system designed to serve and update many various apps running on many various operating systems using many different hardware configurations.

That being said, looking back over the past year I've spent probably at least 2-4 hours each time I run into some adobe issue, about maybe once every month or two, and each of these times, I don't think the actual issue has been solved, but rather I decide on a work around, or ignore it, or simply stop using the software for awhile out of sheer frustration, regardless of the fact that I'm spending money on it.

This to me means that although Customer Support is very polite, and usually tries hard to fix issues...it really is not as of yet very functional or successful in my case, and because the software seems in a semi-constant beta state in which updates, new features and entire apps are continually adding complications and changing the way to address former issues, I cannot see this changing anytime soon.

I will state here specifically that twice before I was asked to create an additional administrative account...a different way each time, and that neither time did doing this change anything; the same problems still existed within each of these nice new pristine accounts. Though that I suppose doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't work the third time.

Perhaps finding a more solid and consistent way to integrate the entire system in addition to just continually adding more parts would help.

In the mean time atm, my Core Sync is only randomly crashing 2-3 times today, so I'm back to ignoring it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian of SummaeStudios I am sorry you have been facing difficulties with the Core Sync process crashing on your Windows 7 computer.  I do see that you have been in contact with our support team under case number 185024638.  I have requested a member of our support team to contact you directly to work with you to resolve your difficulties.  Please let me know if you continue to experience difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

For some reason I do not comprehend, perhaps server-side? Core Sync seems to have stopped crashing, at least for today.

I did receive a call from Customer Support as you set up for me. Unfortunately in the process of dealing with the one old PS issue still coming up, and getting somewhere I am sure, I was disconnected by simply a bad connection. Now I've been on hold on the phone trying to re-connect for 20 30 minutes, and on hold in chat, in some vague hope they might connect me more quickly, for over 10 minutes.

(For what it is worth, the issue seems to be sniffer_gpu.exe not being able to identify my AMD Radeon HD 5700 or its 1 gig of vram. but that is PS, not CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I dropped you a private message to help progress this issue.  Please get in touch with me at your convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, derekajack Looking it up now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is still occuring randomly, and it seems distiller may now be involved as well. I just re-opened an Adobe support ticket dealing with the same problem.

I mention distiller because CoreSync had just crashed on my laptop again, and soon after, a window popped up stating distiller could not run because an instance was already running.

I have also replied to your most recent email.

I have done a search of CoreSync on the c drive of my laptop and discovered what seems to be between 10 and 30 crashes in the past month, depending on what the many report, dump and log files actually mean, and especially on Dec. 26. I'll email report, dump and log files of today's latest crash to you.

Thanks,

Brian

Message was edited by: Brian of SummaeStudios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian of SummaeStudios I am sorry you are continuing to face CoreSync errors.  I do see that you did update case 185024638.  I have also submitted a request that a member of our support team contact you directly to evaluate your current situation and error conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am still in town today, so though they called my home number, I wasn't available. They did call though,

At this point I have to admit I've more faith in you guys here on this forum than phone tech though.

I did offer to submit the crash reports, dumps and logs to them should they so desire though, as I did already for Derek.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, on a Windows 7 Pro computer (Dell Vostro 64-bit)

Description:

I updated Adobe Creative Cloud application, then some of the Adobe applications, about three days ago.

Since that time, I get a "Core Sync crashed" Windows error message box about once every hour.

Below is the Windows-supplied diagnostic (in french)

Please do something.

It is unacceptable from a decent software company to 1-deliver untested software 2-let users in the dark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Signature du problème :

Nom d’événement de problème:          APPCRASH

Nom de l’application:          CoreSync.exe

Version de l’application:          1.1.3.24

Horodatage de l’application:          52aaef95

Nom du module par défaut:          ntdll.dll

Version du module par défaut:          6.1.7601.18247

Horodateur du module par défaut:          521ea8e7

Code de l’exception:          c0000005

Décalage de l’exception:          00097114

Version du système:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:          1036

Information supplémentaire n° 1:          a7aa

Information supplémentaire n° 2:          a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Information supplémentaire n° 3:          a7aa

Information supplémentaire n° 4:          a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :

C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I have found a log file, that seems to have been created at the time of ACC update. Log file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\customhook\CoreSyncInstall.log. ---[Begin]--- -install Running in Update mode Install path given: 001CF4D0 Install path exists! Installing application Running on 64 bit machine! 008F3FC0Script run successful.Locale setting script succeeded! 00EC57E8Script run successful.Registry set script succeeded! Wait for explorer restart process timed out! ---[End]---

===========================================

UPDATE 2:

I have been able to capture an internal snapshot of the crash, using Visual C 2008 debugger (installed on my machine). This trace should help your developers.

Attached is a screen snapshot.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

============================================

ScreenShot007.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post by 10. bbonnefont helped me, he said:

[...] I have found a log file [...] C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\customhook\CoreSyncInstall.log

So I looked at my file and I get

============================================================

-install

Install path given: 0042F8B8

Install path exists!

Installing application

MSVCR100.dll exists.Running on 64 bit machine!

00234088Script run successful.Locale setting script succeeded!

000E57F0Script run successful.Registry set script succeeded!

Privilege getting failed! Could not get Shell window.

WARN: NOT Running as adminuser

============================================================

So my error seems to be a simpler problem.  The user I login and run applications as (I’ll say is user1), and the user used to install CreativeCloud is adminuser.  I’m running on Win7x64 under VMWare.  I’m doing this to evauate the software before I install it on my “real machine” (vmware calls this the host machine).  Given these problems I will probably not install it on the host machine.

I’ve come across applications that require you to make the user who wants to use the software an admin user, then install the software and start it up and register it, and then turn the user back to a non-admin user.  While I don’t personally like that approach I’m wondering if that is the approach required to make Adobe Creative Cloud applications work.  Does anyone know if this approach is recommended by adobe to solve this problem?

Does anyone know if this problem is related to the problem other users on this post are having?

Thanks to all the other users who have posted, and to Adobe for letting us users share this information as it is VERY helpful to people who run into problems to know that it's not just us, and to be able to follow along with fixes (I've bookmarked this page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T0mic2265,

Installing under a non-admin Windows login should not be a problem, and the message in your CoreSyncInstall.log would be expected in that case.

Just to be clear, are you also seeing CoreSync crash? Do you see Windows pop up a dialog saying "Core Sync has stopped working"? Are you seeing a crash regularly or by following repeatable steps?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bbonnefont and Brian of SummaeStudios, I have sent you PMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I have replied to your PM postively as regards your message.

Thank you for your effort,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having this same problem as well.  Pretty much identical to what Brian of SummaeStudios has reported.

I also have seen the message that Destiller can't start because another copy of it is running when rebooting.  The message was appearing a few times before I started to see the recent CoreSync crashes.  The CoreSync crashes happen on and off throughout the day.  I've turned off the fileing syncing hoping that will help but given what I read above I doubt it will make any difference.  (as I write this Core Sync just crashed again, so no, turning off file syncing doesn't help)

I am unwilling to uninstall all my Adobe Applications, setting them up is a huge amount of pain.  I won't uninstall them without a very good reason.  I also won't make new administrative accounts on my computer.  Both are wastes of time and clearly have nothing to do with the problem.  An early message in this thread has someone from Adobe asking a user to remove a windows user application directory with the support person's windows user name in the path.  That kind of request makes me think you need to escalate this to someone that understands windows software development.

One thing that may have some connection, I recently downgraded the version of nVidia video drivers I was using from the current 332.21 to 331.58 because the 332.21 drivers do not appear to have CUDA support correctly setup and when installed I lose the ability to run any CUDA apps.  331.58 doesn't have this problem, so I downgraded.  A user above mentioned some issue with gpu sniffer so it could be related.  I've reported my issue with 332.21 removing CUDA support (not just from Adobe apps but even CUDA SDK apps) to nVidia but they are ignoring me.

I couldn't see a way to open a support ticket on this, most of the support/help links pushed me to this forum (and this post).  I have debuggers and can use them if that would help.

Right now I'd just like the errors to stop at this point.  I don't care about syncing files or syncing fonts nearly as much as I care about being able to install and run the Creative Cloud apps I'm paying for.  The "cloud" stuff is not important to me.  Tell me how to make it stop but still be able to install and update (even manually) the apps and I'll be on my way.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew Sorrels wrote:

Right now I'd just like the errors to stop at this point.  I don't care about syncing files or syncing fonts nearly as much as I care about being able to install and run the Creative Cloud apps I'm paying for.  The "cloud" stuff is not important to me. 

Tell me how to make it stop but still be able to install and update (even manually) the apps and I'll be on my way.

Hi Matt,

If you want to update your installed CC tools yourself (manually) without going through the Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can download the individual patch packages with these collections:

All Adobe CC Updates: Direct Links for Windows

All Adobe CC Updates: Direct Links for Mac OS

Hope those help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem. It is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to capture a crash with Visual Studio 2010 and create a mini-dump with heap.  Any developer should be able to take this and using PDB files created when the release was made should be able to see exactly why it crashed on my computer.   I can't understand why Adobe isn't shipping a crash handler with their apps, this is pretty much a requirement to handle customer problems.

The crash dump can be found here:

http://www.pontari.com/CoreSync.dmp

I'd be happy to open a ticket if I could figure out how to do that, every time I go looking around Adobe's site to find out how to open a support ticket I get send to an unhelpful FAQ or this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew,

Thank you for the crash dump. We are currently investigating this issue and will let you know when any more information is available.

Kind regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines