• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused, Since last CC app Update Core Sync continually stops working.

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occurring with a window popping up stating 'Core Sync has stopped working' more than once an hour, on both my laptop and desktop, both running Windows 7 64bit.

I just spent over 40 minutes on the phone with adobe tech support, to finally be told to turn file sync off in the creative cloud app at some point, and then being instructed to sign out and sign back in to the CC app, whereupon I was told the issue was fixed.

I asked if I could turn sync back on, and was told no, as the problem would recur. I asked then how I was supposed to use file sync then, and the tech simply disconnected. Shortly after this, the window popped up again though file sync was still paused.

So spending this time has solved nothing, I still have this problem on both my computers, support simply bailed on me, and I'm paying $50/month for this...and the window just popped up again.

How do I fix this other than simply turning the creative Cloud app off? I have looked through the forums some, but only seemed to find problems and not solutions.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CC and got a couple of these core sync crash messages before I even managed to install any of the programs.  Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varlokkur,

are you still seeing issue with core sync crash errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing these "Core Sync has stopped working" messages regularly every hour, on both PCs on which CC is installed.  This problem has survived a Creative Cloud update recently.  Maybe it's my imagination, but maybe this problem got worse at about the time that Avid Sibelius 7.5 was installed on both PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty,

I've sent you a private message.  I'd like to work with you to get this issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have to state, quite late perhaps, the CoreSync and Distiller messages have calmed down after the last few CC app updates. I know the Creative Cloud as a whole is ridiculously complex, and the CC app itself has a lot going on, but having part of it become so nonfunctional for months, as in at least four or five, and having it take up many hours of my time, uninstalling and re-installing the entirety of Creative Cloud, all my installed apps, on two machines, installing logging versions of the CC app, spending hours with phone tech support, searching through my harddrives to find various dumps, logs, and crash reports...that was just crazy for software for which I pay $50/month.

I realize the people from Adobe who actually read this are probably the last people to blame for this, and have most likely busted their butts fixing the problem. For that I would like to thank them, as the syncing does seem to be working much better now.

I just hope the platform as a whole is actually stabilizing as it matures, and that future additions are better tested before they become part of the standard release of Creative Cloud. I'd like to have the choice in the future of whether I'd like to be a beta tester for Adobe or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting this exact same problem, starting today. The error message comes up every 30 seconds or so. Any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding to this thread, which I had misunderstood to have started 3 December not only have its last post be that recent.

This issue is still occurring, starting around middle of December. I'm not going to add my system information because from the number of people that have posted its not my computer that is the problem.

Adobe, you removed the option for us to outright buy this software and now that I am paying $20 a month for it it doesn't work. Core Sync is constantly crashing, however not syncing is saving me the trouble. I am not too concerned with syncing, so I don't really care about this. It is the principle that now over 4 months have gone by and this issue has not been solved.

Creating a new Admin account is not something your users should do. That is something tech support needs to do in their own practice lab to figure out what went wrong. It is not a solution and it is not a work around. I should not have to change anything on my computer to make this software work. 

With that anger out of the way, I understand how complicated this process is, but if you can't release an update without messing up the system then the update is not ready for release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F*ckno please do post your system information.  You may actually want to consider starting a completely new discussion as there have been several revisions of the Creative Cloud Desktop application since this discussion thread was last active.  You can find a list of the release notes at Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud app for desktop | Release Notes.

I would also ask that you adjust your screen name as we do have participants who may take offense to the current screen name you have chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean my name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct.  These forums are open to participants of any age level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh huh. I got that. I'm trying to understand what is wrong with my name.

Lex is my name, and Velostodon is my regular screen name. There is nothing offensive about it and I'm seriously boggled trying to understand what you could possibly be misinterpreting it as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The exact same problem here. Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. This window pops up every minute...

EDIT:

Wow! This is even much worse... This window pops up even after closing Creative Cloud client and disabling file sync...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines