• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused, Since last CC app Update Core Sync continually stops working.

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occurring with a window popping up stating 'Core Sync has stopped working' more than once an hour, on both my laptop and desktop, both running Windows 7 64bit.

I just spent over 40 minutes on the phone with adobe tech support, to finally be told to turn file sync off in the creative cloud app at some point, and then being instructed to sign out and sign back in to the CC app, whereupon I was told the issue was fixed.

I asked if I could turn sync back on, and was told no, as the problem would recur. I asked then how I was supposed to use file sync then, and the tech simply disconnected. Shortly after this, the window popped up again though file sync was still paused.

So spending this time has solved nothing, I still have this problem on both my computers, support simply bailed on me, and I'm paying $50/month for this...and the window just popped up again.

How do I fix this other than simply turning the creative Cloud app off? I have looked through the forums some, but only seemed to find problems and not solutions.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CoreSync crashes seem to have stopped in the past few days, so I'm guessing there was a server-side fix? Either that or I just jinxed myself horribly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you spoke too soon.  My last crash was last Sunday, Jan 26.  CoreSync started doing something on the hard drive and then promptly crashed.  I dismissed the first one and it crashed again a minute or two later.  Then was quiet all week.  Today, Feb 2 it once again promptly crashed at 2:00pm (in Seattle).  I think it must do something on a weekly timer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[1] To Brian, Matthew, Henry, Soulflare007 and others silently suffering:

[1.0] I have the same Coresync crash issue for a while.

[1.1] I believe (not sure) that Coresync gives up trying to communicate with the servers after some time, several days. But if you reboot the computer, it starts again, and crashes.

[1.2] I have been in contact with Adobe second or third line support, they sent me an instrumented version of the Coresync program (i.e. a version with extra debugging information written on the fly to log files), in order for me to test and send them back trace & debug information - which I did. I have no news since, for one week+ now.

[1.3] With this Coresync instrumented version it appears that if you select (File Sync ON) and (Font Sync OFF) in ACC (Adobe Creative Cloud) Preferences (the "gear" icon) [That is, you switch Font Sync off], Coresync stops crashing.

You should try this. Please let us know the results.

[2] To Ben Mordue, and Adobe support people

I can't understand that Adobe leaves customers in the mud like this. Apparently a workaround is available (see [1.3]) - it's working for me. Why not publish it, or at least supply it to complaining customers?

[3] To managers at Adobe

Who do you think you are? Are you competent? Is this behaviour professional?

You may think you control the business - but a lot of people are fed up with you.

If a competitor with a decent offering shows up, you are dead.

My email address is bruno@bonnefont.com.

Best regards,

Bruno Bonnefont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruno,

Thank you for posting the workaround you found. As we've been so far unable to reproduce this issue in-house, we were not aware that this workaround existed. We are still investigating this issue.

Kind regards,

Ben Mordue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruno,

firstly, let me apologise for not keeping you updated while we analysed the files you shared with us.

There is complexity in understanding the root cause.  I want to ensure you that we are working on this as a priority.

With regards to the workaround, this is indeed useful.  I'd like to have our team look in to this to understand the behaviour before we share this publicly.

Thank you for working with us on this.  As we progress, I commit to keeping you informed of progress.

Please use me as you primary contact if you have any questions or concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been freaking out for a week with this stupid problem. Finally found this post and uninstalled the creative cloud app and of course now my machine is stable. I'm pretty pissed at Adobe. Not like I can cancel either because students are locked in for 12 months. Really haven't seen value in the subscription and wish I could end it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh,

apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced.  I'd like to understand more about the issue your having.  I've sent you a private message with and ask for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the "Core Sync has stopped working" CC failure as well.  Quit the app and it went away.  Updated CC today; the error continues to happen at least once an hour.  What to do?

cc1.JPGcc2.JPG

cc3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

apologies for the incovenience.  As you can see, we are working with others who are experiencing a similar issue.  It would help if we can work with you also.  I'll send you a message with further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

Yes, I can help.  I sent a reply to your email.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This problem is resolved for me, and I hope for others as well.  Derek and team were very helpful these past few weeks, capturing error data and making updates.   I have now been running nearly five full days without a single crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem every hour.  What was the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we will be pushing out an update for Creative Cloud Desktop next that will include a fix for this issue.  I'll check in again on this thread once the update is available. 

I'd just like to thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just an update. I am still having issues on both of my Windows 7 64x computers with CoreSync still crashing and then after crashing using up to 50% of the cpu on my laptop and over 12% on my desktop. I largely just leave file syncing paused at this point.

I do hope the next update resolves this.

I also hope that sometime in the future syncing could be set up to sync Lightroom catalogs between computers; that would be awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

the update with the fix for this issue will be available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, I just started experiencing this issue today, during and after a CC update to 3 apps (Bridge, Photoshop, AE), bringing me up-to-date as of May 16, 2014. Error happens every 5 or 10 or so minutes. Intolerable; after finding it in Task Manager I killed the process and renamed the exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\CoreSync.exe) to keep it from relaunching. I'll report again next time I reboot if the problem remains after restoring the rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

If you're interested in more data/logs, feel free to send me a message. I reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop a few hours ago, and large file syncing keeps getting interrupted by Core Sync crashes.

= = = = =

Core Sync has stopped working

- - - - -

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          CoreSync.exe

Application Version:          1.2.0.652

Application Timestamp:          52f989e1

Fault Module Name:          ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:          6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp:          521ea8e7

Exception Code:          c0000005

Exception Offset:          00097114

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:          3081

Additional Information 1:          a7aa

Additional Information 2:          a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3:          a7aa

Additional Information 4:          a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

= = = = =

Still experienced crashes after disabling File Sync, but not since also disabling Font Sync.

Win 7-64

Creative Cloud 1.4.1.351

CloudSync v.1.2.0.652 x86

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Ben's case.  I have File Sync enabled and Font Sync disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

It is now approaching 3 months later and I am still experiencing CoreSync crashes. Also some weird thing seems to happen with Acrobat Distiller where it tries to run about a dozen times at once every so often. Finally, my CC files are reaching the point of no longer synccing period on my laptop, which is really messing with my ability to update websites while not at home.

I have asked Ben Mordue to let me try the debugging version of CC, Which he asked me to try in mid-January, but I somehow seem to have missed. I did however submit many log, crash and dump files awhile back, but hadn't heard anything further about those.

I just hope this gets fixed in the near future...and even fantasize that I could use CC to keep Lightroom catalog files in sync between my laptop and desktop, using smart previews, as I'd read about in another thread using Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the CoreSync crashes, but not quite as often as before.  About once a week sometimes twice a week.  Coresync starts doing something (hard drive starts working, perfmon shows Coresync accessing files) and near the end of it, rather than working, it crashes.  At least weekly.

I'm also getting the zillion Acrobat Distiller can't start because it's already started type messages everytime I have to reboot my computer.  Would love to submit a ticket for that but other than suggesting features I don't see any formal support request system on Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben Mordue did send me a debugging version of CC back in mid-January, but I somehow got distracted between this thread, the adobe phone support, and actual projects I was trying to complete, and so never actually installed it. I admit to dropping the ball on that one.

I will give it a shot now on both machines in the hope that it might solve this problem that has recently again gotten worse for me.

I did also send off an email to Ben to let me know if there is an updated version available I should use instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been seeing the same annoying problem recently.  Did not know what Core Sync is initial and I still do not know what it does that I care about.  It has a rather uninformative name but now we all know this is part of Adobe's CC, which I also reluctantly pay for.  My attitude with persistent problems like this is to stop paying and stop using defective products.  I do not have time for long phone calls with tech service and confusing fixes.  Being heavily invested in Adobe photo processing products this is not an easy option though.  I will expect Adobe to produce a defect free version of this Core Sync program as soon as possible.  I will not create any new use accounts or reinstall anything.  I would however like to know (functionally!!) what is not working and what if any work around are there.  Is it just that we have to manually check for updates on occasion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three months goes by and Adobe still think it is ok to provide us with expensive second rate software and no meaningful response to our CoreSync crash problems. I suppose it's only frustration that leads me to add to this thread as I've no additional information to impart - that and the feeling that if we keep quiet too long Adobe may think they have some satisfied customers out here. Just for the record, Adobe - you don't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Been going on for a few weeks. Only happens on my Windows 7 x64 machine. My MacBook running Mavericks is fine. Same settings in Adobe on both computers.

I have been away from my computer for a couple days and came back to it this morning, and I found 49 "Core Sync has stopped working" errors. To me that's a little rediculous. A few days ago I had this message from CC that there was an update available. It never got past initilizing the update. So I killed the process, rebooted, and now I don't get the update notification anymore. But this morning I just updated InDesign, so CC is obviously working somewhat.

I'm tempted to go download the latest installer from their website and see if an update to the CC app might fix my issues. But at the same time, I think the thing should just work in the first place. I've been through several issues with CC apps already, and I'm about to cancel my subscription and go buy different, more stable software from other companies to get my job done.

Recent issues:

- Credit cards were stolen from Adobe because they don't impliment industry standard salted encryption of sensitive customer data.

- Unable to update my credit card using the web portal after I was forced to get a new card because Adobe let my number get stolen.

- Dreamweaver CC on Mac requires dictation be disabled, lest it deleted code when you switch from window to window.

- Photoshop CC will disable Aero mode on my Windows machine if I have it open for more than an hour at a time, whether I'm working with big files or small files.

- Audition on Mac refuses to let me save a file using File/Save, and I instead have to close the file and use "do you want to save before closing" prompt.

- CC gives the Core Sync error for several weeks now, only affects Windows.

- Multiple times on both Mac and Windows I've had to download the CC installer from the web page in order to perform an update because the built in updater fails.

Phone support is the worst thing I've ever used since canceling my AOL membership over a decade ago. Forum support at least pretends to care and offers work arounds.

There was a day in history when Adobe products worked flawless. Back when they built a name for themselves. Now it seems like quality control is a thing of the past and they think they can get by on their name alone. All they're doing is ruining their name. Once I have a set of applications put together that doesn't include Adobe, I'm taking the whole company off of Adobe. In an FDA-regulated industry, there isn't room for this size of error from our software vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines