• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a Photo sub with 1TB to Student+Teacher then adding All Apps whilst keeping 1TB?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With reference to thread: Additional cloud storage

I'm in a similar position. I have a consumer Photo sub (LR+PS+1TB) for £14.98/mon. I work for a British university and I was told today I can covert my account to Student+Teacher (either Photo or All Apps). My status was verified quickly with a photo of my Staff ID card (so plus points there)

Problem is: if I convert to All Apps, I get 100GB storage and it costs a fortune (about £50 total) to upgrade to 1TB.

So would the best way to proceed be:

1) Convert my existing account to Student+Teacher Photo with 1TB (can I do that - ie get the 1TB???)

2) Buy an additional plan on the same Adobe ID for All Apps?

Cheers,

Tim

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hi Tim,

As I understand you wish to change the subscription plan for yourself. In order to change plan, kindly use the steps shared in this link: Learn how to change your Adobe Creative Cloud plan.

Once you follow the steps you will get the best possible plan option. In case this link does not work. kindly Contact Customer Care for help and support.

Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

As I understand you wish to change the subscription plan for yourself. In order to change plan, kindly use the steps shared in this link: Learn how to change your Adobe Creative Cloud plan.

Once you follow the steps you will get the best possible plan option. In case this link does not work. kindly Contact Customer Care for help and support.

Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's right here.

What I want to do is change from a Consumer Photo Plan 1TB to Student+Teacher Photo Plan 1TB (which requires contacting Adobe Support) then adding a second All Apps plan (because All Apps with 1TB costs around £50 but the other 2 plans are around £30 total).

The thread I linked so said you could have two Student+Teacher plans on the same Adobe ID - but in my case, I am starting with a Consumer plan.

So I wanted to make sure I was doing things in the right order and if it was even possible.

Cheers,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, and with the greatest of respect, the above "Correct Answer" does not really answer the question because it leads to an overall cost of around £50 which I pointed out.

The correct, or at least best, answer (after 3 goes with Adobe support and some lateral thinking on my part) is:

1. Leave the original 1TB Photo Plan alone at £14.98 per month.
  2. Take out on a NEW Adobe ID, the Student+Teacher All Apps plan for £16.24
  3. Total cost £31.22 per month, nearly £20 cheaper than All Apps Student/Teacher Plus 1TB upgrade!!!
  4. Log in to each Adobe ID on the little "Cloud/Infinity" Adobe symbol on the top menu bar as required. This allows all apps to be installed when logged in to the All Apps ID, but when logged into my Personal ID, apps that are not licensed simple will not run - and more importantly, Adobe Cloud presents me with my 1TB of storage at this point.

It actually works well as the Adobe login is "per user" on MacOSX so when my kid logs in, he sees All Apps and can use Animate etc - when I log in it defaults to my Photo Plan.

It's also easy to set up - you do need to contact support to request verification of Student/Teacher status (a photo of my staff card did the trick) but it's a standard request, not a weird convoluted workaround.

It also means I can drop the All Apps plan if I ever leave Higher Ed, without putting my Photo Cloud at risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines