Core Sync Process Choking Systems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC installed on an older MacBook Pro running Lion and an iMac running Mavericks. Ever since the last CC update, my processors have been maxed out and the Finder locks up (usually after first booting up). The activity monitor shows "Core Sync" hogging most of the CPU - anywhere between 75-99%. Once I quit the process, the CPU returns to normal. I also have Adobe CC installed on a PC running Windows 7, which produces similar CPU usage. I am now in the habit of force quitting Core Sync first thing when I boot up and when Core Sync switches back on, I'm sometimes forced to just shut down CC altogether. This should not be.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Adobe?

J.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same issue. I'm not typically signed out of Adobe Creative Cloud, but I always quit the menu bar Creative Cloud app because it serves no purpose except for updating the apps.

I also don't sync anything with Creative Cloud, but am seeing the same thing. Finder + Core Sync are using near 100% of CPU and I have to Force quit Core Sync and Adobe Desktop Client and Finder to get it to work again, mulitple times a day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no Files to sync. Today I had 100.2 % CPU for the Core Sync. It is not possible to work with this problem! I have no Idea whatfore this app needs the cpu in that way. Should be a small background job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to my sync problem in iMac

In the Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist Rename or delete this file.

I got instant response and the sync files and fonts works. But there is no green checkmark in the folder for synced files, but I can live with that.

Best Regards

Lasse Martinell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still seeing these issues, just updated CC 8 hours ago. 100% CPU usage and eventually causes Finder to become extremely sluggish, this is on a new MacBook Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, Core Sync daemon restarts even though file sync is deselected.Result is Finder is sluggish and cpu real slow. Please Adobe we dont want or need your really bad sync stuff. I am going to change permission to 000 so it can't start again as soon as I find where Adobe put it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem today in Windows 7 (64bit) with 13% of CPU constantly in use.

I ended the process in the Task Manager and immediately a Flash Update prompt was presented to me, which then errored out. A retry resumed the update okay.

Will keep an eye on this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines