• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync Process Choking Systems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC installed on an older MacBook Pro running Lion and an iMac running Mavericks. Ever since the last CC update, my processors have been maxed out and the Finder locks up (usually after first booting up). The activity monitor shows "Core Sync" hogging most of the CPU - anywhere between 75-99%. Once I quit the process, the CPU returns to normal. I also have Adobe CC installed on a PC running Windows 7, which produces similar CPU usage. I am now in the habit of force quitting Core Sync first thing when I boot up and when Core Sync switches back on, I'm sometimes forced to just shut down CC altogether. This should not be.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Adobe?

J.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

the update is now available (version 1.7.0.413).

Please go ahead an update to this version. 

It would be great to get your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was from 4 years ago and I'm still having the exact same problem today in 2018.  Is this ever going to be fixed.  It is virtually impossible to "pause" CoreSync.  I love Creative Cloud but this has got to be fixed.  I can't even use my Adobe apps because of CoreSync hording my memory.  What's the point of having your product and paying for it if I can't use the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is necro, but same here.  5/12/2018 and I'm having the issue on my PC laptop.  I also use CC on my 5k iMac and I haven't noticed the issue, but I wonder if it is slowing performance there too but it's not as debilitating so I just haven't noticed it.  Even typing this post I have delays every few seconds and then the text catches up to where I'm typing.  I just uninstalled Cloud Desktop using the Windows uninstaller provided by Adobe and reinstalled and am experiencing the same behavior:  CC desktop using from 7 to 12% of my CPU, but causing Windows Explorer to ramp up to c.70% resulting in 100% CPU.

Quitting CC Desktop still allows Adobe Core Sync to run apparently, as I see in Task Manager, and I still have the issue after quitting.  Even if I end task on Core Sync in Task Manager, it restarts itself after one minute or so and causes the issue.  When I do end task, my Windows Explorer settles down to c. 19% and computer performs well until Core Sync restarts itself.  This picture was snapped after I quit CC Desktop and end tasked on Core Sync.  Approx. one minute later it reappears and I have 100% CPU usage.  I'm not running anything but Chrome to post this and have started the laptop up fresh this morning prior to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just to let you know that the latest version of Creative Cloud Desktop (1.7.0.413) is now available and contains many of the improvements we mentioned.

It would be great to get your feedback on the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe I started this thread, so I apologize for the late response (I'm in the Navy Reserve and was shipped out for five months). I have since read the threads and updated to the latest version of Creative Cloud Desktop (Version 1.7.1.418), but I'm still having the same problem, although it doesn't seem to be as bad. It's on both my iMac and MacBook Pro.

derekajack: I've emailed you the most recent CoreSync log file from my MacBook. Just let me know when you find something out.

Thanks!

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems on Windows 7.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same problem.  I close the program, it still runs in the background and have to kill it via task manager to get my PC back off 100% CPU.  Makes me think there is something fouled in the registry settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with a Windows 7 machine and a fresh install and not running the Creative Cloud app. I kill the Coresync app to get control of my machine. Will there really be a solution? I also have a problem on my personal machine with the background processes taking so many I/O reads that it almost locks up the machine and makes disk light go solid. Support says I could uninstall my programs and pay over $50 a month for the idea of some software! Is there a solution to this? I tried to start a thread on the I/O issue and was met with silence here. I had an exhausting chat with support about how to free the machine up to run when I wanted to do other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some people are likely to see intensive CPU and disk use while Creative Cloud is syncing all of your assets to or from the cloud to a new fresh system, this shouldn't last long however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...I'm not syncing assets and it lasts until I kill processes. I don''t have any assets in the cloud and syncing is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screen shot of Creative Cloud issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ttraveling so can't work on this for about a week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add that after quitting and leaving Creative Cloud app off, the 2013 Mac Pro with Yosemite is running much smoother without a slowing down effect.

After trying several configurations of turning on and off various running apps, it appears Creative Cloud may be the issue.

There was no sync or any type of cloud syncing turned on with the Creative Cloud app except for several fonts and keeping apps up to date. Result was occasionally it would use 100% of the CPU with Core Sync slowing everything down.

Fonts continue to work fine without the app.

Just wanted to add:

- if I have Creative Cloud app open, Core Sync will initially be zero cpu

- if I scroll the sidebar of a finder window or scroll quickly in finder window lists/column view Core Sync will jump to at least 25% cpu

- once I stop, Core Sync goes back to zero

- if I try to move lots of files, Core Sync begins to use cpu

- is this intentional?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Core Sync is using quite a bit of resources, and I had already quit Creative Cloud app in the menu bar.

What is Core Sync and why do I need it?

reference_10_26_18.pngreference_10_31_44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have quit the CC application, Adobe Services and Core Sync. I don't use File Sync, Behance, Font Sync. And, my system is working better. The sluggishness that I was experiencing seems to be related to the latest update and the CPU usage.

With these turned off it works fine. What will I be missing with them disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CC2015 without the Adobe Creative Cloud running and it's been fine for me. Fonts may be the only thing I sync but once it completes, it appears to stick without the app running. One other thing I turned off on all CC apps is the syncing of the interface. I had it on to sync all my Macs but found it never worked really well even on the same machine when doing a reinstall. It simply would never remember the last settings. It seemed promising. Now, afaik I don't have any user initiated syncing happening. I do however still see CoreSync in the Activity Monitor but appears to be low usage.

Having the latest Mac Pro with tonnes of ram seems to be never enough for Adobe... Hope things get better before it gets worse with El Capitan coming soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

We are sorry that product is consuming resources on your system.  Is this the case 100% of the time? It would be great to get some log files for us to see what is going wrong - I'll send you a private message about this.  In response to your question:

This is a list of the things that you will miss by disabling CoreSync:

• Files Sync
  • Font Sync
  • Adobe Products Creative Cloud Libraries Sync (Photoshop / Indesign etc)

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley

Thanks for the response. The problem started after the latest update, after disabling the CoreSync and Adobe Services I am not longer seeing the finder delays. I will need to finish up a project and freeing up some time before I can do any troubleshooting. At this point I am happier with the computer running smoothly than missing any of the sync features.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro running Yosemite is also choking. How can I turn Core Sync off? I only use Photoshop occasionally. This system choke is making it impossible to register my kids for summer camp. Please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I turn Core Sync off?

The only way I am aware is to manually force quit the process immediately after a system start/restart through the Activity Monitor.

Make sure your CC app is not running at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I kill this monster in Activity Monitor all the time.  CC is choking my Mac, 100% CPU and hogging 35 gigs of ram! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this also. Running latest version on osx yosemite

Whenever I have the Finder app in focus, it would be extremely sluggish. (and this is a fast mac w plenty of ram too).

I narrowed down the issue hopefully...See if anyone else can duplicate this:

When I am signed OUT of Adobe creative cloud in the adobe application manager, core sync spikes the CPU to 30-40% (or more) when I bring the finder into focus, and it's very sluggish to do anything with Finder.

When I am signed IN, then there are no lag issues at all.

It's like Core Sync will just keep attempting to run even though it's failing to do its job because you're not signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as someone who is seeing this issue.

The Finder is dog slow and I look at activity monitor and CoreSync is pushing 100% CPU utilization.

One important thing to note, I don't sync anything with Creative Cloud. I keep no resources in the cloud. Everything is local. I am not running Photoshop or Lightroom yet CoreSync is chugging away. After I kill CoreSync the Finder becomes responsive again.

12 core 3GHz Mac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello eriteric, TJAsher‌,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate this issue further?

Please install and run the log collection tool following the instructions on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we know when and if this is fixed?

The Creative Cloud app was just auto-updated, but I can't seem to find a list of what was involved with the update. Is there a bug list, feature improvement list for Creative Cloud core components and the Creative Cloud App?

I appreciate that work is being done, but I would also like to know what's broken and what's been fixed so that I can keep my computers running and get my job done.

thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines