Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop app installation Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I reformated my PC with Windows 10 but when it came to getting the Adobe suite reinstalled, I got problems with the download of the different softs. I tried multiple times but no matter how, the DL freeze at different percentages and won't start again (even if left over night - I tried this too !). I now decided to clean everything (Windows uninstaller -> restart -> Adobe Cleaner Tool (clean All) -> manual delete of the app folders) but now I can't even manage to get Creative Cloud desktop app...

This is so depressing for it's nearly been a week now and I still can't seem to get the suite I paid for.

Any help on this ?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do a clean cc install:

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your help,

To be honest I saw your answer on many posts before (as I'm obviously not the only one to have the same issue) and tried it before, as I mentioned it in my first message. As I'm really willing to find a solution and I don't want anyone to tell me I did not try hard, I did it all again, following every line in your message, and more.

1. I manually kicked every Adobe process via Task Manager
2. I ran the Adobe CC cleaner tool (options 3 - 7)
3. I shut the PC down and restarted it.
4. To be really sure, I had steps 2 and 3 once again.
5. I logged with administrator account and tried to install the CCdesktop app via my personal account (I DL CreativeCloud_setup.exe -> I ran it as administrator -> I accepted that it would make changes to my computer -> the soft re-logged to my acount -> says it is OK -> DL starts)
6. DL starts... and freezes, like all the times before that. It has now taken 30 minutes to reach 17.5% and announces 114-116 minutes remaining - and like every time I expect it to stay blocked for hours in the very same way.

NB: it might help to know that while the DL is running, my internet connection seems to be extremely slow and it's no use trying to read my mails or go to FB ; everything is extremely slowed down and this immediatley gets back to normal if I cancel the DL. I do not have the best connection in the world but I regularly DL files that would be 1-2Gb without any problem of that sort - so this cannot be the problem either.

My conclusion is that doing the same things produces the same results : it still does not work and it still freezes.

I did not find a log file for this install but I may not be looking at the rigth place so feel free to tell me about it.

Any other idea ?

NB: using Google I found a link to an offline installer for Creative Cloud desktop and this one worked fine last time I used it (but it did not solve the DL problems on other apps and I don't exactly know where it comes from) so I would prefer to stay official with original Adobe stuff. I uninstalled it before trying the procedure but I now begin to consider using it again, unless someone at Adobe proposes me anything that would work (direct links to offline installers for CreativeCloud desktop, Photoshop CC, Lightroom classic and CameraRaw for example as it seems to have been the solution for all other people with the same issue).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hearing more and more reports of this type of thing lately, unfortunately.

Another option would be to request/use the 2020 direct download links instead, which don't use the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

For starters, try the standalone installer for the CC Desktop app itself and see if that helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinstall...

Please let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the CC desktop app installed perfectly with the standalone file ! Thanks to you ProDesignTools for this link !

Now I just need the same kind of links for Photoshop CC, Lightroom Classic and CameraRaw and it will rock !

I just launched the installation for Lightroom Classic via the CC desktop but it is stuck at 3%, just like CC desktop DL was stuck at 17.5%, and I feel likt the same problem is at work now, and I truly hope Adobe will help solve it quickly now.

I still wonder why Adobe does not provide the direct DL links widely, as their online install system is visibly failing... I could find the CameraRaw offline installer link and now the CC Desktop and they both work fine so why not leave give the links to all the apps ? What a waste of time and energy for everyone (the clients and the support team). Hope this will evolve into something more efficient and customer-friendly.

But at least there is some hope now so thanks already for this step ahead !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, glad to hear it! And thanks for letting us know.

And you can get the standalone installers for all the new 2020 creative apps from Adobe, if you need them – see the first link given in the previous reply with the scoop on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I finally could reach someone with the "Contact us" button on online chat and the knid person gave me direct links to DL the offilne installers for both PShop and Lightroom Classic so I'm releived ! It will take a bit of a time to DL all these big files but at least I seem to see the light !

I hope I can give you the best of news concerning my issue within 24 hours!

Your help has been very much appreciated and I wish you an excellent day!

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. That's great news. Hope that helps you finish getting your CC apps installed and on your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the links worked perfectly. My apps all all installed and working. The person on the Adobe chat was knid, professional and efficient (seems not to have been the cas for all customers but I'm really satisfied and I got what I asked for immediatly and it's good to say it too when things work well!). The updates via Creative Cloud desktop are still a mess but at least I can use my apps so there is no big hurry for the rest.

I hope not to get back here too soon but thanks to those who helped!

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines