Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App Shows Incorrect Free Space Remaining

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a technical issue with my creative cloud account.  My CC desktop application (Windows) shows as having 46.7% of the available space used, and at present I have no files stored or in my creative cloud archive.  Something is definitely amiss! 

Thanks,

-Jon

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 138 Replies 138
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken, looks great now. Go Go Team Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I've had the same ongoing issue since signing up with Creative Cloud over a year ago. My CC storage says I have used about 18 GB while the CC Files size on my local computer is showing less than 3GB. I've already confirmed my Archive at https://creative.adobe.com/archive‌ is empty, and I've even tried opening a support case a few months back to get it resolved, with no luck. I think you are the only person I've seen offer a working solution. I must have a large amount of files hung up somewhere where I can't see them to permanently delete. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@socalmorena - Looking at your account with the Adobe ID you are using to post here in the forum I see that you are using 2.66 GB (which matches your "less than 3GB"). The Archive is empty. All of the files and folders are in Files at https://assets.adobe.com/files (and in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer if you are using file syncing).

Two questions:

• Do you have more than one Adobe ID (and this one is showing 18 GB)?
  • Where are you seeing 18 GB listed (from the Assets > Files tab of the Creative Cloud Desktop application and/or from the Activity > Settings page in the browser at https://assets.adobe.com/activity/settings)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I have multiple Adobe IDs. The one listed in the Creative Cloud desktop application is the same one tied to this account and the same one listed when I access the files via a browser. I see the 18GB in both the Assets > Files tab in the desktop app and the Activity > Settings page in the browser. In the Assets > All Files in the browser, I see the 2+GB file, and that's the same one that's on my local computer. I don't see anything else aside from that, anywhere I look.

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 3.17.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-17 at 3.16.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I'm having the same issue as others - the Creative Cloud app is saying that I am using 25.39GB of my 20GB storage but after deleting several folders and files I should only be using 11.97GB. I have checked my Archive and it is displaying as empty even though the deleted files and folders have not appeared in here.

Could it be to do with the fact that one of my folders is a shared folder? Does each participant need to clear their archives in order for the storage to update?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue as the others.  The cloud says my storage is full but there is nothing in the cloud.  It says to check my archive but my archive is empty.  It says I have used 100% of my available space and thus I cannot use it.  I need some help.  I had an Adobe tech assist me one week ago, solved the problem and now it has started up again.  Frustrated with Adobe Cloud...

Please help.

Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sierrad84932489 - Your account is empty now when I checked.

Here is the help page about deleting files: Creative Cloud Help | Browse, sync, and manage assets

When you delete a file from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer it goes into the Archive. You need to visit the Archive in a web browser at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive to either Permanently Delete or Restore the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue as the others.  The cloud says my storage is full but there is nothing in the cloud.  It says to check my archive but my archive is empty.  It says I have used 100% of my available space and thus I cannot use it.  I need some help.  I had an Adobe tech assist me one week ago, solved the problem and now it has started up again.  Frustrated with Adobe Cloud...

Please help.

Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. My Creative Cloud says I have used 88% yet all folders including archive are empty.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@design-freek - There was a metadata issue that caused that some files to not be visible. They have been placed in a folder under Files at https://assets.adobe.com/files‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative cloud files are only at 12.98 gig. But it says my percentage is at 91.96% and I'm using 18.39 gig. That's wrong, I'm only using 12.98 gig.  Also, I thought archive didn't count towards the 20 gig? Need to fix this, as I have an impending large project!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your archive counts towards your overall quota. So if you had 10GB in Assets and 10GB in Archive you would be out of storage (20GB) If you then emptied your Archive, you would have 10GB free.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem

Archive is empty but CC says 75.2% is used, 1.5GB of 2GB

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to call adobe -- that's what I had to do and they fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Are you still seeing the issue? Engineering reviewed your account but didn't see anything unusual or that appeared incorrect?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I have one file which is 3.1mb sitting in CC and the archive is completely empty but CC dekstop will not sync. It still shows 75.12% is used, 1.5GB of 2GB.

Kind regards,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Sam, I'll pass it on to engineering so they can continue to research the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. This is ridiculous! I don't see any files in my storage but it states it is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we fix this? I don't see any resolution on here. I am having the same problem. All 20GBs are taken up but I don't see anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem.  Files deleted from Archive, desktop app still reports no space available with the same amount used before deleting the problem files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having this problem too. I have 0.05% space used, nothing in the deleted files folder and receive the server error problem when attempting to upload a file. CC reports that I need to buy more space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly same issue. 49,2 GB of my cloud storage are used - but I have no files. I deleted them in LCC and LCC.Web.

Archive is empty.

😞

PCO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one issue this day...

I had 1 Photoshop Fix File (mobile app)in the cloud...the Creative Cloud App says that the file size would be 22 GB??? For 1 Smartphone picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue... the LR Mobile app and Lighroom CC on PC showed 80Mb used, yet the CC Cloud app on windows showed over 5GB used. I resolved this by copying a file out of my Creative Cloud assets folder and back in. That is the Creative Cloud Folder in your PC user profile. Obvious there is a Bug with the creative cloud app on windows, not synching space used data properly which Adobe have not admitted. As soon as I modified content in the assets section it refreshed. It didn't change when I deleted photos from my LR mobile collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh...I am having the exact same problem.  Used lightroom CC and am being told my storage is "full"  Went through the picture timeline and deleted EVERYTHING...and my storage still says it is full and trying to upload the same pictures.  i.e. I don't see anything disappearing.  Went online through the Creative Cloud app and nothing is there.  Yet my storage is full.  WTH?

My first mistake was trying to upload way too much, but now it shouldn't be, yet my storage is full.

I'm going to add, that nowhere on my computer or online do I seem to have ANYTHING stored for the Creative Cloud.  Why do I have 100% used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines