Creative Cloud Desktop crashes Core Sync on Mac OS X 10.9

Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop application crashes Core Sync (repeatedly) after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Restarting the application (per Adobe FAQ) does not have any effect on this behavior.

Adobe Creative Cloud version: Version 2.1.2.232 (2.1.2.232)

Mac OS X version: Build 13A603

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get a work around? I am getting the core sync crashing every few minutes, adobe status says everything is green but for me I am  having issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and install CC and I am having the exact same issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled no effect. Very annoying I would think within 3 months there would be a solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing a few reports of problems with the new CreativeCloud app update.

We are still investigating these issues and will post updates when we have more information.

Based on what we've seen so far, here are some workarounds for the issues.

1) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db*  (should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

2) Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Cox I have tried your workaround, but it still keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing and...

I have tried deleting it several times + restarting the machine + restarting Creative Cloud. No changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a fix for this. It's just started happening to me within the last 30 minutes, I get this error message popping up every minute. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only get them every minute! You're lucky

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank, my apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.  Can you try the workaround steps again but quit Creative Cloud app and relevant process before deleting the DB?

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App and the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes.

2) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db* - There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud

3) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

4) If you still see crashed occur Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove

it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround but it still doesn’t help me.

I have followed step 1-3 and it still crashed. (I quit every Adobe + Cloud processes I could find running)

I then tried step 4 but nothing changed.

I see I get 1 new “Creative Cloud Files (unknown)” folder per crash report, so in the end it adds ut to a nice little collection.

I am on a pressing deadline so any other tips would be greatly appreciated right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried two things: Removing Creative Cloud from the sidebar (MAC) and turning off file sync.

Then everything was fine.

A few minutes after turning on file sync the crashes started again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, we are looking in to the root cause and working on a fix as a matter of priority.  Can you try the workaround?

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App and the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes.

2) Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/*.db* - There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud

3) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

4) If you still see crashed occur Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove

it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have done it, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with a crash window popping up every few minutes.

How do I turn off the Core sync and the Adobe Desktop services?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charmaine,

You can quite these processes using Activity Monitor on Mac or Task Manager on Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info on shut down derekjack and rhoward for the info on turning off Core Sync and Adobe desktop services.

I have turned of the auto update feature and syncing for now. I just can't afford to lose time with this kind of thing.

So far everything is working.

FYI i'm on an

iMac 3.5GHz Intel core i7

32 GB ram 1600 DDR3

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB

Yosemite 10.10.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem since the last CC update. I'm running 10.10.3 and the issue just started after the last CC update. Now, I have 10 "Creative Cloud Files (xxxx)" folders in my home directory. Each time Core Sync crashes it makes a new folder. I've disabled syncing so that I can actually get back to work.

I should add that the workaround posted above does not fix the issue for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert can you confirm that the folder you were in had any DB files?  Often the CoreSync folder is hidden.

Here are some more detailed instructions

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:

MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync on Windows

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

zip up and email all files in this folder to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com, then delete any file that end in .db,.db-shm or db.wal, and re start Creative Cloud (There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

3) Click on the Creative Cloud Files link in the Finder (left side, under Favorites) - the OS will see that it's a bad link and should remove it from Favorites and replace it almost immediately with a working link.

4) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a zip of the files from ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync. Also, I deleted the *.db* from this directory after killing Adobe Desktop Services, CoreSync and Creative Cloud, this time from Finder instead of the terminal, and I still have the crash. Each time the CoreSync process respawns, it drops a new Creative Cloud Files (unknown)(xxx) directory in my home directory. I tried repeating the process after completely logging out of CC and that didn't work, either. I can't reboot at the moment, but I'll try to repeat the steps after a clean restart and see where that leads.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update RHoward,

If you're still having difficulties after the reboot you might also try temporarily turning off file sync from the preferences and the additional step in relation to the favorites in this document: Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Core Sync crashes every minute after update

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon restarting, I was prompted by Creative Cloud to again update to the newest version (v2.1.1.110). I allowed the update and now file syncing seems to be working except for the folder location field being grayed out in settings. So, I can't change the location of the sync folder but it is syncing correctly and not crashing. Could a faulty update have been the culprit?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

This is good news, can you confirm that you are now able to move your Creative Cloud folder?

Thanks

Warner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at least on my MBP, I can now move the CC folder. I'll check my desktop machine upon returning to the office.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC app keeps crashing, frequently, day after day on

late 2012 iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Fusion drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB, OSX 10.9.5 latest

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines