• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop deletes your files when you re-install - why?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just re-installed Creative Cloud Desktop to try to fix a syncing issue and it deleted all my personal files stored in my local creative cloud folder.  As many of these files had not synced, I have now lost them.

Adobe support not sympathetic.

This is so annoying.  Uninstalling a piece of software should never delete user files.

Really hacked off.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this cute thing called backups...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, I know, it's a bit embarrassing but that is why I wanted to use the cloud service, then all my files are backed up in the cloud. Because sync wasn't and still isn't working, there is no back up.

Comparing Adobe Cloud to box, dropbox and Google drive, Adobe has a long way to go. My plan is to just use dropbox moving forward - it's very fast and much more robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddinsdale2000,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience has not been good.

Could you confirm that your files are not present in either of these locations:

1. In your user's home directory (either /Users/<yourusername>/Creative Cloud Files/ on Mac, or C:\Users\<yourusername>\Creative Cloud Files\ on Windows)?

2. In your Trash or Recycle Bin?

The Creative Cloud desktop application should not delete any files on uninstalling/reinstalling. Also, Creative Cloud file sync does not outright delete files, they are just moved to the Trash/Recycle Bin.

We can look into what happened here if you send us your logs. Please zip up the entire contents of this folder, and email it to me at bmordue@adobe.com:

Mac: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows: C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

Library (on Mac) and AppData (on Windows) are hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Kind regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also check whether there's a folder called "Creative Cloud Files (archived)" in your home folder that contains your unsynced files.

Thanks, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I just faced the same issue. This helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines