• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this thread has gotten slightly off track. It's not about getting an old Windows version to run on Linux using a hack, it's about Adobe creating a native version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And until Adobe decides to do that, this is the only option. We can keep complaining about a long-standing problem that is out of our control, or we can try to find a workable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I figured out a workaround on my own that seems to work. No graphics tablet support, but I'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've paid for the Creative Cloud since Oct. 2013. I've been hoping all these years maybe Adobe would have seen the light. That was probably dumb of me. I've shifted my career from using After Effects as my main tool to it's highly productive alternatives, Nuke and Fusion. Both happily available on Linux. I no longer need Creative Cloud and so this is my last month paying.

With Apple shifting focus to 'devices' and Windows to Candy Crush marketing I feel Linux has the best future. Snap packaging, flatpaks, and appimage are fueling a future with easily updateable applications while maintaining a super stable base system (which is 100% free as in beer and mostly free as in speech). Linux is easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to customize to a business's needs.

In closing, I'd just like to point out the apps that are Linux native in the creative field that make money:

Nuke

Fusion

Houdini

Maya

Modo

Flame

Substance Painter & Designer

Davinci Resolve

Lightworks

If one day Adobe ports over even just Photoshop or AfterEffects I will be back. Until then, so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder! What distro do you use on linux?

Ubuntu? Fedora?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've dabbled in a few but pretty much always come back to CentOS. Rock solid and 7 will be supported until 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see this, too.

Come 2019, we are starting to migrate to RHEL from Windows 10 where I work, so we are going away from Windows with or without Creative Cloud.  I'd really like to keep Creative Cloud, but we'll do what we have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just our feelings - simple we are getting tired of begging and waiting for Linux version

Probably we will cancel our CC soon due to two simple reasons ...

A. No Linux version - at this moment we are using virtual computers (W7 + CC installed) as a backup plan, but frankly we are using them less and less ...

B. Gravit Designer (finally Fireworks alternative) + Pinegrow + Davinci Resolve + Darktable are starting be to good enough for what we need

And no, we don´t really want to use macs anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I can not speak for Adobe nor have I insight into secret Adobe plans, I doubt (and that for several reasons) that there will be a Linux version of the Adobe products. For this to happen there need to be a wider desktop user population.

If you have replacement tools go ahead and change.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steam has added a modified compability layer of WINE for all of their games on their platform. And is releasing it now over github / Steam Beta for Linux it's called proton. I think Linux already covers a big chunk of the ever growing PC market, and Adobe Products would only increase the market share on this platform. A big chunk of MacOS users only use it because it's called a working OS because games are mainly not supported on it and it features a great UI / UX experince which gets transported straight into Adobe Products as well. I think Linux could also be such a potential platform. Also just looking into statista reveals a 1,48% market share for Linux systems in germany only I don't think that's a small amount of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linux serves a niche market. Not the desktoo one.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i may ask for where you get your statistics from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point - is Adobe focused on the average desktop web surfer or the professional graphic artists? Niche market share will be far different from general stats.

It is significant that Nuke and Fusion made an effort to run on Linux because the big animation houses have always preferred deploying customized Linux workstations to large groups of users for projects. Simplifies licensing issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a vicious circle. People doesn't use linux because there is no Adobe CC. Adobe doesn't make a linux version of Creative Cloud because there is not enough linux users for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I wrote on some other forums for similar commercial software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat I use adobe on windows I want to move but I'm stuck since they don't support Linux I did install Linux set everything up running great come to the point of installing all the stuff tried wine hell no it's not good enough at all it needs to be native since everything would be there but I know soooo many designers who are in the same boat adobe is a big key player in this and tb frank I think there is something fishy must be going on in the back if they don't support Linux like 2 BIG very BIG players are heavily jumping onto Linux valve is one of them but someone who even supports Linux is Microsoft.. and they see the potential and they are scared since the way windows it heading it's just gonna crumble every update the do they slow the system and make even less user friendliness ui/ux... like before I had to only do 2 clicks to get to the programs and features now I have to do 3 don't sound as much but that's not taking into account how slow it is loading their rubbish ui some times.....

adobe just please support Linux sooo many people wanna use Linux but your the only ones now who are holding people back and if you wanna thrive in the future this would be a great business idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sick of windows bloatware and constant stealing money.  Apple hardware costs are ridiculous.

I moved to linux, came here to find out how to use the product I have been begrudgingly paying for years.

Im going to cancel, period.  This thread is 6yrs old?

I guess it is what it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess except for Photoshop (although there's GIMP, but I don't know how good that is), you could always look at Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve.  They offer Windows, Mac, and Linux versions (albeit just Red Hat/Cent OS, but do an Internet search, there's supposed to be a script that makes it work in Ubuntu, no problem).  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT NEWS!!!

adobe is talking to us!

go to the link blow and vote for Linux support and leave a comment

Yes, please support Linux. This would be a huge milestone. Thanks... – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE In the begining:Too little support by users (gets proven wrong) now:too little resources (not true,you have a mac port. That code can be made to run on liunx.  C++ can be recomliped and the mac port allreday does the bulk of kernal support because both OSX and Linux are Unix based with your resousres it could likley be done in a few months to a possibly a year depends how much you use the closed sourced APIs in OSX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A dead link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Old post, so for the sake of ALL FAIRNESS to linux,  I would like to add my share.

Maybe back in 2012 this answer might've been somewhat correct, but it is not entirely accurate as there were and still are options available.

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/viewing-layers-on-adobe-reader-using-chromebook/m-p/10... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Old post, so for the sake of ALL FAIRNESS to linux,  I would like to add my share.

The community that used to host the link provided in this correct answer  was retired.

Technolgy has matured, and the opinions in this post  are not entirely accurate anymore.

Even back in 2012 there were and still are options available.

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/viewing-layers-on-adobe-reader-using-chromebook/m-p/10... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Express, Adobe Acrobat Reader Mobile app,  Adobe Sign, Adobe Experience Manager,  Adobe Fill & Sign, etc...

are supported in chrome os and android os.

See slides from Google Playstore:

Screenshot_20200112-041633.jpg

Screenshot_20200112-041558.jpg

Screenshot_20200112-041605.jpg   

That IS linux kernel support right there!!

Maybe back in 2012 the opinions expressed in this thread might've been somewhat correct.

I've been a linux user and enthusiast  since 1998.

They've always  been, (and still are) options available.

See here:

And since these other two threads were locked a few years ago, I would like to take this  great opportunity to merge  them in here with my reply,  so  that the 500K ++  linux croud that was previously voiced down is not  left out:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/installing-adobe-cc-on-ubuntu-linux/td-p/9449583 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-for-linux-os/m-p/5323961 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines