• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the only reason that keeps me using Windows. I'm not linux fan boy. Neither Microsoft fan boy and definitely not apple fan boy. I just bought win 10 license to my pc, but it does no mean anything to me, I would rather want to switch to a final solution that is not Microsoft related.

I'm quite much sure that m and a are both paying to Adobe to not develope Linux systems. I cannot get any other logical reason why wouldn't they do it. This is my first message this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 month ago I switched to Linux Mint to avoid upgrading to Windows 10 from 7.

I replaced Fireworks (sorry not supported at all anymore) and Illustrator with Inkscape; Photoshop with Gimp (not very extensive use, so it will do) and Premiere with Blender. I still fire up Windows 7 VM for Illustrator and Fireworks (see old files) and Premiere is way more powerful than Blender for video editing, but I do it less and less.

6 months ago I would gladly pay for Creative Cloud Linux, today I would still pay for it, and I am not sure I would 6 months in the future.

Just my 2c.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sergemca wrote:

6 month ago I switched to Linux Mint to avoid upgrading to Windows 10 from 7.

Just my 2c.

your 2c wasn't spent wisely as far as I can see because I fail to understand what did you achieve by switching to Mint from Windows 7?  what was wrong with Windows 7?  you haven't told us anything about it yet.  Has your mint got everything you were looking for?  just wondered.

I have used XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 and I am really enjoying now that my visual Studio 2015 runs faster in Windows 10 and all my creative Cloud Applications are running wonderfully faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people switch not because the OS is bad but Microsoft is making terrible decisions for their users. Also Win 7 won't be supported forever. I'm running mint on two machines and Centos on a third. Mint is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and so has lots of support. It's really a great distro and has a lovely look/feel.

@sergemca I agree with you. The window for me to keep paying for or to pay for a Linux version is closing rapidly. I keep asking why I pay for it and that's the first step... $1k for Davinci Resolve Studio for a tight editing / coloring / finishing suit and another $1k for a soon-to-be-released Fusion compositor is looking really nice to me. I have the Fusion money set aside already! Maybe I should kill my Adobe subscription and buy Resolve, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mytaxsite.co.uk - I have looked through your previous posts and you rarely have anything useful or constructive to say but rather make concerted efforts to assail anyone who expresses an interest in Linux. I switched to Linux 5 years ago and have found exactly what I was looking for: FREEDOM. Can't remember the last time I had to lay down money for software but I am one of Blender's 319 monthly donors. With Linux I lack nothing despite that fact that I do web development, 3D graphics and video for commercial adverts.

My wife uses Windows 10 and all I can say is what a pile of poo. The start menu stops working after every update and she has to restart her computer everyday to avoid sluggish performance. I have been on her machine countless times in the last 3 months fixing Windows problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's their choice to switch to Mint from Windows 7, and it's entirely reasonable to ask Adobe to support them on their preferred platform. I mean, it's fine to be curious about their reasoning, but still. There's plenty of reasons to avoid Windows 10, and Microsoft is making it increasingly difficult to stay on Windows 7. I've made the switch, which wasn't entirely painless, but others may prefer to spend their efforts trying a wholly new platform.

A more extreme example: I used to use Maya 8, which I bought an educational, perpetual license for in ~2006. After college, ~2010, I wanted to continue in the 3D space. I couldn't use Maya 8 for anything commercial, and new applications were removing support for that old of a version. I had the choice: Spend ~3000$ for a new version of Maya, or learn Blender. I decided that my dollar-per-hour was better spent learning Blender, which was undergoing some major improvements at the time. As of now, I am more comfortable in Blender than I ever was in Maya, and I don't think I would change back, even if Autodesk released it for free. That should be a concern for Adobe.

Personally? I'm using Windows 10, and I've just subscribed to Creative Cloud ~last week (upgraded from CS5.5). That said, Microsoft has been doing some pretty awkward things, especially around developer certification requirements and a hazy future of Win32 API. I might want to switch to Linux at some point, and it would be good to have Adobe come along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've waiting for a long time, to the day they decide to port their product, If they had a product tomorrow on Linux I would start subscription tomorrow, but it will not happen. Maybe you should stay on Windows if you can't do your work on other tools, but, at last on digital painting, there exist better tools, like Krita, a free one, and many other paid ones that work over wine, like Art Rage... Some time is is just a question of searching. It is perfectly viable, University of Paris 8 ATI department did the move on. If Adobe can't improve, maybe you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd move my CC subscription to linux if that option became available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang it adobe, you are making my life near to hell. The lack of a compelling linux video editor, is making me stay on windows. Now 7 years ago a petition was started, are you still following me? yeah, lets go to 5 years ago, someone of your staff replied:

"

At this point, I ask that people no longer send in their requests about adding support for Linux using the submission forms.

The request is now most definitely on the radar of our engineering teams, so it can be considered for future development.

" so what you are doing there is saying, yeah we probably will add it, just stop annoying us and shut the f*ck up. Ok, lets fast forward some years to now. 2016: adobe cc is still not available for Linux. JUST GROW UP AND ADD SUPPORT. Yeah, I like Linux as its just cleaner and opensource etc. I could live with OS X its just that their $hit is overpriced. Yeah you got me here, there are an awful lot of people who want it, even more who would like it but don't really care, and probably even more people who have not switched simply due to you? Who do you think you are to have this right? Please, see the potential, see the people who just like Linux, not because of its free price, but because its elegant. COME ON PLEASE.

I would like to apologize for this slightly impolite response, but its the hard trough. PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say this. But, Adobe receives massive kickbacks from Apple and this is just not likely to happen. Apple is seriously screwing up the computing ecosystem and I wish that we could just get past the era of these huge companies and their entirely unconfigurable environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to run AutoCAD on a Sun in SunOS and Solaris for a national lab. Before that, PDP 11 in a basement at Moffet Field. I thought Windows was just a fad. So, I've been wrong before. My main squeez is CAELinux on a POS Desktop (Acer doesn't deserve mention). It dual boots with "10". Which is better than 8.1. I've got CC on 10 and Win 7 on a laptop. Rarely, do we awaken 10. The Win 7 is a laptop I stick in a backpack. At home, there hooked and can be run from one solar powered KB and BT mouse with Synergy (recommended).

If you've never tried CAELinux. You're missing out. It comes with everything scientific. Salome is a great 3d modeler and FreeCAD is great on any system. InkScape has come in handy when, either I forget, or can't do something in AI. Same goes for Gimp. Especially masking. Blender is King/Queen. OneShot's not bad. Sometimes it takes several tools to pull off an idea.

All these vendors/manufacturers have irritated me from time to time. Then, again, I pulled off some pretty good stuff.

You should see what I can do with whiteout and a copier.

Still, it would be nice if CC and company were ported to nix. I can't pull it off. No time.

Peace,

gdp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all for Adobe going to Linux and like many here have been pushing it for years. For me, it is also the last thing that is holding me to Windows. That being said, I think we have our answer. I have a feeling that Microsoft is well aware that there are hordes of professionals who are ready to abandon ship as soon as Creative Cloud is available on Linux, and that there are probably some arrangements between Microsoft and Adobe to prevent that from happening. It's likely that Adobe will go where the money is, and for Adobe to give up whatever incentives that Microsoft (and possibly Apple also)  is offering to not develop on another platform, would require that everyone who is holding onto Windows (like myself) to give up our subscriptions to show that we mean business. Unfortunately for almost all of us, they know we can't afford to do that because our livelihood depends on their software, so here we are with no leverage and not much to do about it except perhaps start a kickstarter or something for an open-source equivalent that is equally as credible in our professions.

Yeah, we all know that there are free alternatives to photoshop and illustrator out there, and they know it too... we both also know why we'd rather pay $50 a month to use adobe also, because the free alternatives just don't cut it yet. Long story short, as much as I really really (like a lot) hope Adobe breaks into Linux, I think we all know it probably isn't going to happen any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take our monthly CC fees and put them towards Ubuntu support please!  I too would love CC for Ubuntu there are only a couple critical apps that are holding me back from eliminating Windows and you are one of them. Adobe for Linux support across the board is pretty shabby, please add some problem solvers for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So something new has been released adobe, its called Flatpak, its this awesome new secure way to deploy applications to linux, so if security is your thing, check it out. BUT JUST GIVE US LINUX SUPPORT, come on, how long do we still have to suffer this microsoft crap or pay waay to much for apple $hit? Flatpak - the future of application distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been impatiently waiting for linux support as well.

How many people need to request this before some momentum starts to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jasonjpeters wrote:

I have been impatiently waiting for linux support as well.

How many people need to request this before some momentum starts to happen?

You may not have read the previous 468 posts but Linux project is a non-starter because nobody from the Linux community is prepared to invest in Linux R&D project.  You should be asking Ubuntu, Mint or who ever is supplying you the Linux Operating system to  invest in application development.  Microsoft built their business like that.  they started writing their own applications and when they didn't have the man power, they out sourced that part to third parties.  So Now Microsoft is the dominant force and perhaps Linux people should come together do something similar.

It has nothing to do with number of people asking for it;  Money is the critical variable and provided you can contribute £5 million to start the project then Adobe can think about it.  Adobe is running a business and so decisions are made on how much profits they can make.

Does this answer your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't go into the firts part for ovious reasons, but about the contribution of 5M: we have already contributed this amount through our creative cloud subscriptions. It's just that we don't want to use adobes products on win or mac, but currently are forced to do so, thus we can't achieve maximum performance/workflow. This is hampering the whole industry and many more millions are lost because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nah likely not a business decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating. Yeah, I know how to set up a nice virtual machine, even with 3D accelaration etc. But you know how much more comfortable your tools would be, when they'd integrate with Ubuntu's Unity? We'd have more than 4 team licences, if it were available for linux, too...:( It can't be that hard? You should be drowning in money... but well, I guess you don't care bout users but only bout investors? This is why monopolys suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean really what happened to just a simple program that we used to help edit our photographs. Now I have a program that I have to pay XX amount of dollars a year. This all depends on what package you get stuped into buying. Better pay extra if you want more than 20 ish or so fonts. Then now we have to pay for this program all the time for the rest of our lives that we want to use it right ???? But you can not even design a program that will work over multiple hard drives ?? you have to have Creative Cloud on the OP drive no matter what ??? Then when you have to sit here and delete and re-download the programs over and over and over again, you have the nerve in another forum to tell us we should probably use a third party program to clean our system because your uninstall does not actually completely uninstall your program even if you check the box that say completely remove from the system ??? What does complete mean to Adobe these days that is the question I want answered. I want a program that I can instal on any HD and it works the same, I don't want to be bothered every time I turn on my computer that the fonts or behance won't work unless I turn on the Cloud. Who edits thier photos on their cell phone ??

I mean how many files do you need to make per photo now Adobe ??? good grief I mean really has anyone actually looked to see what these programs are doing to your computer ???

WHY WHY WHY give me my old program that I could pay for and do what I want with it , not one that sits here and controls my computer , and that I have to pay for but can't actually use the way I want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys want Adobe products for Linux or you want new features then please contact the developers direct at this link:

<Feature Request/Bug Report Form >

You will get direct response from them and you can tell them whatever you want.  I don't see any point in crying here because we are just ordinary users like you and most of use Windows or Apple MAC machines.

Hope you can take some positive action by contacting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mister, you are the biggest troll on this thread - spoken after one hour of reading.

To everyone else, I add to the list of users who would love to see Premiere (and others) on Linux. Not  buying anything until that gets addressed. Too bad - good software Adobe used to make..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone else, I add to the list of users who would love to see Premiere (and others) on Linux. Not buying anything until that gets addressed. Too bad - good software Adobe used to make..

This is going to be a very long time indeed and I am sure Adobe would miss you and your custom for not buying anything until Linux is sorted out.

the only quickest way to get Adobe to make anything for Linux is to ask Ubuntu or other Linux distro makers to invest in R&D by paying Adobe to open a centre for Linux software.  That is how Microsoft started by paying software makers to make software for Windows so that people can buy Windows machine.  Ubuntu will have to do the same otherwise it is going to remain an operating system for the hobbyists and enthusiasts.

There is no money in the desktop market as most people are using either Windows or Apple MAC..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learn to love GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus.

I strongly doubt Adobe will ever make Creative Cloud available for Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ir I do love them, but unfortunately the GRD forum I work with requires their use.  I would prefer not to also swap my computer as well. Damnit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines