Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not syncing to Creative Cloud Files Folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have been using Creative Cloud since the beginning, but I noticed this week that it is no longer syncing my desktop files to the cloud.

All my apps are up to do date, the icon is as it should be black and not greyed out.  When I click into the Creative Cloud, Sync is turned on in preferences, sync is activated in th files part, but when I click into the folder I see all my files, but no green ticks on the folders and no syncing

I have been using it for a long time and its been working fine until now.  I only noticed this week when some stuff I put into the cloud, never synced with my desktop folder.

I recently moved a lot of files and did a tidy up, but it was working fine after that and just stopped working.

Can someone please let me know what I cant try to get this working again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Billy

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

I delete the CoreSync database files and it seems to have solved my problem.

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Go to:

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync

And delete any file that has *.db (or a variation such as *.db-wal)

Restart the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been having the same issue, tried working it out with the Adobe Call Center staff but they were very unhelpful, spent over 2 hours with them trying to debug the issue with no success.

I have had a look at my log file and the bolded line seems to be where the problem is. Can you give me any advice as to how to fix? Happy to send the full log file through if necessary. Have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, disk permissions repair, and a sign in/out all to no avail.

20140717-083720.016: Restore cloud folder from [ ( -- email address removed for privacy -- )] to [].

20140717-083720.016: There is no old cloud folder [ ( -- email address removed for privacy -- )] to restore.

20140717-083720.017: There is no cloud folder at [], so now initalize it.

20140717-083720.020: ERROR: Unable to setup cloud folder at  : . Disable sync.

20140717-083720.020: ACCController::enableSync switch sync OFF

20140717-083720.023: MControllerDelegate::quota {storageFree:-1, storageTotal:-1}

20140717-083720.025: BaseControllerDelegate::pushSyncStatus: sent CoreSyncStateSyncDisabled (11)

Your help on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel, I had some of these same messages in my log file. What worked for me was to uninstall ACC software, log out, log in as a different administrative user, and install ACC software. I then logged out, and logged back in with my normal account and syncing worked just fine.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joel

It seems like you are experiencing a different problem than I did (judging from the log entries). My problem miraculously fixed itself somehow. I suppose it was a problem on the server side.

Ben might be able to help you on your issue...

Cheers, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Could you try the steps in this post?

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6555103#6555103

Thanks and regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! Ben, the one line (rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix) in the terminal did the trick! Thanks so much!

Cheers

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually cant believe this... No sync.... Your programmes are great, but file cloud/syncing these days is almost essential. 'Creative Cloud' that doesnt work...... Why? Answers please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hainesy, perhaps you could describe in more detail the problem you're experiencing in a new forum thread?

This is a relatively old thread. There have been several updates to the Creative Cloud desktop application since this thread was started and much of the information on it is no longer relevant.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DONT LOSE DATA WHEN RE-INSTALLING Creative Cloud.

I re-installed just now and it deleted all of my local data without warning.  As my real issue was that the local files were not syncing with the cloud, that means I have just lost about a weeks work 😞

After an hour on chat with Adobe, the support chap confirmed that this is a 'feature' of the uninstall routine.  I made the point that uninstalling software should never delete user data; the response wasn't sympathetic. 

Make sure you take a back up of all your local Creative Cloud files before you re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit and restart Creative Cloud - for Mac users.

worked for me.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem, no files are getting synced from Adobe Shape on the iPhone which makes the app useless as it will only save the file to the cameral roll as .jpg

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, running Yosemite 10.10.3 on a late 2011 MBP. I have the same alert as everyone else that stems from downloading assets from the marketplace: SOME FILES FAILED TO SYNC (Learn More).

If you click 'Learn More' it opens a new dialog stating that "There was a problem syncing some files", and in small print "For more information click the specific errors below" which leads nowhere and gives no information. You can, however, view the files in their folder. Once you stare at them for a few minutes, your files still don't sync.

Rather than create a new administrator user or attempt to blame this lack of file sync on my computer, I have found a two step solution that has shown promise.

1. Turn off CC file sync
  2. Use Dropbox

It's like magic. Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HyperPing wrote:

Rather than create a new administrator user or attempt to blame this lack of file sync on my computer, I have found a two step solution that has shown promise.

1. Turn off CC file sync
  2. Use Dropbox

It's like magic. Try it.

I imagine we are all aware of the other file syncing services out there, I use four of them myself. That's fine for your native files, but doesn't address the Adobe Libraries not syncing, which is the issue raised by a number of people in this thread who use that feature. Your comment, pithy as it might be, sadly adds nothing to the discussion. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is now over a year old. There have been many releases of the Creative Cloud desktop application since then, and the root cause for the original issue raised here was addressed some time ago.

Old replies and suggestions may now be out of date and confusing. This is making it harder to offer support. For this reason, I'm locking this forum thread to prevent new replies.

Please create a new forum thread if you are currently experiencing any issues with the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Thanks and regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines