Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education Account runs out? Questions about Adobe Portfolio

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have an Adobe Education account with my college which is currently working. When should I expect the account to run out/stop? If it runs out and I already purchased a custom domain and published an adobe portfolio website on that education account, what would happen? Lastly, would I be able to get my same adobe education account running again if it stopped running?

Thanks so much.

Best,

Maia
TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your subscription will automatically renew, unless you cancel... did you read the contract terms before buying?

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

You SHOULD receive an email notice before renewal... but you SHOULD also keep track of your annual date yourself, to be sure you cancel before renewal if you want to cancel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I got it free with my college, so I didn't pay for it. I looked for an expiration date under my account settings, and it doesn't say. So I'm wondering if there is a standard run-out time for these kinds of accounts. If I paid for my Adobe Portfolio domain, and published my portfolio website, but then my membership ran out say, for example, a month afterwords, do you think the website would stay published?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will have to ask your school's IT department when your subscription runs out.  Most are 12 month plans.  But your school may have things set-up differently.  For example, by term or the courses you're taking.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>got it free with my college

As far as I know, your subscription will end when you no longer go to college

I don't use Portfolio, so I have no idea how you will manage a Portfolio site... but if you buy a subscription after your free one ends, and you are not using the same email and Adobe ID, your account will be new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. Do you think that the free-with-college plan (not sure of this kind of account's official name, education account? or is an education account only under a regular account that is student made?) under the college email is renewable under the same account, or do colleges have full control over when it begins and ends? Thanks for your time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cancel your Student/Teacher plan, your Portfolio site will go offline until you re-subscribe. 

Portfolio is only free with a paid Creative Cloud Plan.  No plan, no site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find out when your plan expires, please log-in to your account below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines