• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 160 while installing Photoshop CC 2015.5

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install Photoshop I receive the error 160 code. I have checked the registry permissions to ensure full access but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and  if present remove Adobe Photoshop cc.  [ Do not select Clean all option  , it will remove all installed Adobe apps ]

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Navigate to C:> Program Files > Adobe.

If present rename or delete Adobe Photoshop CC folder.

Optional step:  Run any registry/PC Cleaner tool to remove invalid reference registry keys or unnecessary left over remnant files created while attempting to install app.

Fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post complete exact error message or if possible post screenshot of the same .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether the currently logged in User account has Full control permissions to Photoshop folder created under Regsitry . If not , provide full control ,

psreg.jpg

No Such folder exist under Registry ?? or unable to set permissions , please let us know Windows OS version .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already allowed full control in registry however i could not find photoshop.exe

I am using windows 10 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and  if present remove Adobe Photoshop cc.  [ Do not select Clean all option  , it will remove all installed Adobe apps ]

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Navigate to C:> Program Files > Adobe.

If present rename or delete Adobe Photoshop CC folder.

Optional step:  Run any registry/PC Cleaner tool to remove invalid reference registry keys or unnecessary left over remnant files created while attempting to install app.

Follow below steps carefully :

2.jpg

In the Windows search text box type as CMD , it will provide search results :

Important : Right click on " Command Prompt"   option and select " Run as Administrator"  option .

1.jpg

It will open Command Prompt window in elevated mode.

Step 2)

Now copy below command then right click on Command Prompt black screen window and select Paste option and press Enter key.

net user administrator /active:yes

484x211ximage7.png.pagespeed.ic.UL9DEePAvt.png

You should see a message that the command completed successfully.

Step 3)

Restart the computer and login to user account named " Administrator"  and then try to install Photoshop cc again .

hidadminlogin8.jpg

Note :

To disable Hidden Admin account  you can follow above same steps and use below command .

net user administrator /active:no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct, but hard to locate in registry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others who have this problem: Adobe support has open-portal software and found the problem with permissions in photoshop.exe

complex path unless you spend a lot of time in the registry: look at Brucgovn's graphic carefully, reg path at bottom.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE

Softwate/ Microsoft / WINDOWS /CURRENT VERSION / APP PATHS / PHOTOSHOP.EXE

Right-click in left column, set to "everyone read", ADMINISTRATOR " Full and Read"

Took me about 3 hours to sort it out, Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of this without any luck.  If I try and change permissions on the registry it only denies access and won't let me change it.  I have windows 10.  I have to revert back to cs6 since now the newest version cc2015.5 won't install.  Any other ideas?  error code 160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I contacted the adobe care or support.  They remotely connected to my computer and fixed the permissions.  Thanks adobe.  It installed just fine this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.I have the same problem anf it doesnt let me save the permission options.Can you helpme?

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brucgovn,

Your tip worked for me, except that I had to add myself as a user to Photoshop.exe, then give myself full permissions. It wouldn't let me change Everyone to full permissions.

PhilWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello In the latest update of Photoshop, the program stopped working. I removed it and uploaded it again several times, it does not help, Bridge works and Lightroom works but I have also removed them for testing, but nothing has helped. MSVCP140.dll says the error message that this missing but to try to install the program again, and as I said this is done. The previous version of Photoshop work flawlessly. Short

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times but I still end up with the same error. Very frustrating considering I am paying for Creative Cloud to use this software but I can not even download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same situation here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that downloader but it said I already had that on my PC anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You meant Visual C++ Re-distributable package 2015 ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct the visual C++ re-distributable package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn´t it a sad joke through how many loops you must jump before you get the software you have payed for to run?

adobes crappy installers and the cloud BS creates nothing but trouble.. and now they even got rid of the offline installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still stuck with this same problem. I have tried all of the above.

I have also tried uninstalling everything including Creative Cloud Desktop, using the Adobe cleaner app to clean ALL. Rebooting, logging in using hidden administrator account, re-installing everything, changing registry permissions etc.

I have also tried talking to Adobe Support. They spent ages remote controlling my PC trying to figure it out but have still failed to get Photoshop working. And personal cost... I have lost many hours to this problem so far.

Support eventually concluded that there must be a bug in Windows 7 (x64) and I need to get help from Microsoft!

Really? Is that the best Adobe can do?

And the registry key that it claims is causing the failed install is not anything crucial... it's just an raw file extension open association - why should that break the whole install? I can even write the same registry key myself just fine.

Photoshop has always worked fine on this PC and now it has gone. Why is there no way to roll-back to older version?

Every attempt to re-install takes ages to re-download everything. Why are there no offline installers?

Really not happy here. I have a paid-up subscription to CC yet I cannot use Photoshop. Can I get any sort of refund for this?

2.jpg

1.jpg

Exit Code: 160

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command 'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.1.159

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.1.159). Error code: '160'

WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:0 key:.orf name:Default type:REG_SZ data:Photoshop.CameraRawFileOlympus.100. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get Photoshop CC 2015.5 to update by deleting the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/Softwate/ Microsoft / WINDOWS /CURRENT VERSION / APP PATHS / PHOTOSHOP.EXE folder from the registry using a third party app called Registrar Registry Manager. Once the folder was deleted, the update completed successfully and Photoshop is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried for days to get the update to work and this was what worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines