• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experience with a Really Creepy Customer Service

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was contacting customer service to sort out a credit card issue on behalf of the studio i work at, it was a short conversation and midway through this happened.

It was so creepy i requested a transcript, here's the copy and paste.

Fire Point: yes

Fire Point: the card is updated, can u check if it works now

NIKET JAIN: Thank you.

NIKET JAIN: May I asking you one thing

Fire Point: ?

NIKET JAIN: Are you the same person I was talking earlier.

Fire Point: What?

NIKET JAIN: Nothing.

NIKET JAIN: Thank for the confirmation.

NIKET JAIN: I have successfully Re-trigger the payment and it will take 24-48 hours to update the payment.

Each sentence this guy wrote was like 5-10 seconds of typing. It felt like he was writing it over and over again debating to send it or not. it was just creepy.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know about the 5-10 seconds of typing but i see nothing untoward in asking that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is creepy and what is your point?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Are you the same person I was talking to earlier?" followed by "nothing" in response to "what" could be creepy if it means the support person wanted to continue the conversation in a more personal way if the response had been "yes" instead of "what", probably using a different messaging system because they found something attractive about the user via their conversation; however, it could also be the support person was wanting to understand if the new CC number would have the same problem as the old one if they had this conversation with the same contact, earlier, and there was less of a chance that the transaction would go through so someone might need to monitor it more closely.  It could also be the support person doing some sort of fraud detection if they had just had a similar conversation and wondered if someone was trying to validate stolen credit-card numbers by trying them one-by-one.  Maybe the name or address of the CC number was different than the previous card.  The lack of explanation by the support person about why they'd asked the question, might be creepy, but it would also make sense they can't explain if they are doing fraud detection or if they will escalate the monitoring to a different level as that is an internal process they aren't allowed to discuss.

In short, I can see how the interaction might be viewed as creepy but there might also be a reasonable explanation.  In any case, all conversations are recorded and the support person would likely eventually get into trouble if they were being creepy and they'd know this so that's why I think the question was about something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines