• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed Photoshop CC install with Creative Cloud app (macOS)

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works. The error code site provides no real help fixing error code 153 errors.

Exit Code: 153

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 153) executing in command 'ChmodCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop19-Core', version:19.1.4.325

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop19-Core Version: 19.1.4.325). Error code: '153'

WARN: target folder '/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Locales/en_US' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop19-en_US' as uninstalled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cgbeige,

you have a permission issue:
» Creative Cloud download and install errors

Error CodeDescriptionSolution
153, C153Unable to get permissions to a file or
folder on macOS.
Check permissions and try again. To get the information about
the file or folder, see More information.

You need to run the installer with full permission privileges.

Best Regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but how would I go about that? I'm running the installer from the CC dropdown menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello? I'm literally paying a monthly fee for a program I can't use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im currently having this problem

FATAL: Error (Code = 153) executing in command 'ChmodCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop20-Core', version:20.0.4.76

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop20-Core Version: 20.0.4.76). Error code: '153'

I have deleted every Adobe product from my mac book and reloaded them again starting with creative cloud.

I then go to reinstall photoshop and it loads to 90 percent then I get the fatal error code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines