• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrated Educator...Horrible Customer Service in India

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my Adobe CS6 suite had given me a pop up message.  Stating that my software that I purchased as an educator was not genuine.   I realize that I purchased the software in 2012 and it is old.   I called customer service and they said that I would need a receipt from 2012 in order to give me a new serial number.   I informed the customer service representative  that I no longer had the receipt but, I had the box that it came in and the CD.  That was no good.  He informed me that anyone could have that merchandise and that if I had the box I should have the receipt.  According to my account I registered my product with Adobe, that was not acceptable for the customer service representative in India.  Clearly, on the box it states that I needed to show proof that I was an educator.  The Adobe company would not have granted me permission to use the product, if I had not registered the product. Over the past 7 years I have taught and encouraged hundreds of my previous and current students to use your product.   However, after today I will no longer be using or recommending you price gouging product to anyone.   I found it very disappointed that I a professor of my caliber would even be going through this.   Recently, I have found an alternative to your product called Affinity, perhaps I will use that instead.   It is a shame after all of these years your company does not support their educators.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

The young lady logged into my computer and deleted a cache file from Adobe.  I do not remember which one.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sorry to hear that. But remember, you are using quite old software that has not been supported for quite a while. So you are not even teaching with software that is available to your students to purchase and use except for pirated software, or questionable software off the internet. I personally do not thin it is out of order for them to have you provide an actual proof of purchase for the software, especially since you are trying to get/use something that was already at an extremely discounted rate compared to what the normal version cost people when purchasing.

I suggest you just upgrade to a more modern version of the software if you want to continue teaching in order to help your students stay up to date with modern software abilities. You can try Affinity. If you have been a Photoshop fan for so many years, it will depress you completely. It can't do everything you want it to do. And you also will not be able to teach for a while since you will also have to spend time learning a new application to the point where you are actually good enough with it to be able to teach it to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  However, I already have the subscription on my new computer from which I teach from it is required that I use the most up to date software.  A cost that is not reimbursed from my university.  Can you honestly say that you have your receipt from a product that you purchased 7 years ago.   I paid for a product for a mac that would last until I purchased a new mac, as a professor I need to be able to teach from both platforms pc and mac. Having the product on my mac allows me to grade homework assignments from either computer.  My pc or my mac.   I have paid for a product and Adobe should honor it.   They would do better if they said that the software is no longer supported by the company.  But that is not what they said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you register your CS6?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martee817  wrote

Can you honestly say that you have your receipt from a product that you purchased 7 years ago.

Yes. I have the receipts for every single thing that I have ever purchased for my business. I still have the receipts for camera I purchased 20 years ago that have not been used in 10 years.

martee817  wrote

as a professor I need to be able to teach from both platforms pc and mac. Having the product on my mac allows me to grade homework assignments from either computer.  My pc or my mac.

But you cant truly judge and grade things if you are looking at the process used via a PSD file when things in the modern version of Photoshop will not load at all in such an old product.

Be that as it may, if you registered your product, and kept the information for the account you created at that time, you should still have access to anything you need. But if you didn't keep the receipt nor are you still using the same account that you registered the product under way back when you first purchased it, you are pretty much out of luck. And blaming Adobe for your lack of information storage is rather ridiculous. I can go to my account and see that I still have my old CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3 registered on this very account. Just telling them you registered it 10 years ago isn't like you are actually in the account you registered it under. Find that info, and you will probably have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me say this.   You must work for Adobe and customer service for some people is DEAD.   I have never interacted with customer service representative like the two men that where trained to help me.  As for record keeping good for you and thank you APPLE for their great customer service.  Who I must state never doubted that I purchased the product from them. (and had a copy of my receipt from 2012)   Instead of the Adobe customers service representative that made comments like... even though I see that your product is registered as an educator anyone  could have logged on and registered it and even if you speak to my supervisor they will tell you the same thing.  It is sad that Adobe has two such horrible customer service representatives. Again thank you to the one young lady in Adobe in India who understands  the definition of customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martee817  wrote

It is sad that Adobe has two such horrible customer service representatives. Again thank you to the one young lady in Adobe in India who understands  the definition of customer service.

Not all customer service agents are working like they should. I rarely contacted customer service, but when I did they where friendly and helpful. But I suppose it depends on the problem...

If you have your case numbers, you can post them here and we can have Adobe looking into it to improve customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

False, we are a production company and working to swich from Adobe to Infinity and believe me Infinity are more stable and can do everything photoshop can and more ( but there's a learning curve.)

It's sad but bad customer service ( if the only place you can look for a technical problem is a forum, something's wrong) and unstable software ( particulary after a update) is going to put Adobe out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierreh80104776  wrote

False, we are a production company and working to swich from Adobe to Infinity and believe me Infinity are more stable and can do everything photoshop can and more ( but there's a learning curve.)

It's sad but bad customer service ( if the only place you can look for a technical problem is a forum, something's wrong) and unstable software ( particulary after a update) is going to put Adobe out!

Infinity? Or did you mean Affinity both times you got that wrong? Either way, no, it can't do more than Photoshop. I have it here on my computer. I've used it extensively. No where near as versatile, stable or capable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, the reason is called the language barrier and you are wrong it's more stable and by the look of your portfolio you don't really know how to use photoshop anyway.

How some people become ACP's is beyond me. Maybe you can explain it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierreh80104776  wrote

How some people become ACP's is beyond me. Maybe you can explain it to me.

You either

• get nominated by one or more ACPs/MVPs or Adobe STAFF
  • or you can apply to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't need to be good as a designer, photographer, editor etc. Thank you Now I understand!

Ok i'm out of here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

So you don't need to be good as a designer, photographer, editor etc. Thank you Now I understand!

Ok i'm out of here!

No, you need to be friendly and helpful and providing good answers that bring other users forward...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpful and providing good answers like Call customer service? Of course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Affinity for a while.   I do like the program.   I had to call customer service again this morning. Since I did not receive my call this morning from the Adobe.  I spoke with Spraha and she fixed my problem with no questions at all.   Adobe probably needs more people like her and not the rude men that I spoke to yesterday.   I believe that Adobe's customer service will be one of there  downfalls of the company.   They do not have a U.S. customer service team and no email address to discuss any concerns.  Even though they are quick to take out my subscription fee every month. That is really sad in this day and age. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martee817  wrote

I spoke with Spraha and she fixed my problem with no questions at all.   Adobe probably needs more people like her and not the rude men that I spoke to yesterday.  

How was your problem fixed?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The young lady logged into my computer and deleted a cache file from Adobe.  I do not remember which one.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. Those peopole who work for Adobe seem to be selected for their poor manners. I am certainly looking for an alternative to Adbobe. They don't have the basic manners. I feel they are trying to sabotage the company. I wish they educate them of the basic manners. 

Calling Adobe is a stress ful event. You can not report because one is simply no better the other!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines