• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 and want to upgrade to CS6. However, I don't want the Creative Cloud version. (I don't want to have to pay a monthly or annual fee!) I want to pay the one-time "lifetime" license fee. Where do I go to do this? How much will it cost? Or is this no longer an option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

Well-stated, and good sentiments.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think when some people use their knowledge (regardless of how limited or inaccurate it is) as an opportunity to be express superiority over others and use a forum like this to attempt to publicly humiliate people that they are apparently trying to help - then there is a real issue, and it a serious one. Of course there is plenty of opportunity to misinterpret a written message in a forum, however where there are a series of back and fourths, this clarifies what is going and where each person is coming from, effectively reducing the scope for misinterpretation to a minimum. Anyone who's on the receiving end of an arrogant, twisted and nasty response, to a completely reasonable question, has every right to forcefully rebuff it. It fact it would be undermining not to. If it's happening repeatedly, of course it's only natural that someone's going to get angry and that can be entirely appropriate and healthy response. Because they are the one's on the other side of abuse, they need to be supported, and a response needs to be made towards the one initiating the abuse. Support forums, especially for a high level product range from Adobe need to be places where people can get some decent help, without the possibility of being subjected to some kind of insulting behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Arkayem, folks here not with Adobe, and who are volunteering their time to help you out of the goodness of their hearts don't care for smart-*** remarks from those whom they have tried to help either.

Your frustration is understandable, but it does not justify abusing others.  We are all on the same side.

The internet is growing to be an increasingly hostile place to communicate.  Maybe instead of making this place more like that it would be a good idea to just relax and try some of the suggestions.  A little humility would go a long way."

Noel,

Are you kidding?  Why are you coming down on Arkayem?  He is absolutely correct in his postings about Conroy's comments.  You should be directing your comments to Conroy. 

Are you an employee of Adobe?  If so, I wouldn't think Conroy would be the companies first choice to help people on this forum.  Just the opposite, he should be banned.  He is making Adobe look bad.  Makes me hesitant to ask another question concerning anything about any Adobe product on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caupwhiting13 wrote:

Are you kidding?  Why are you coming down on Arkayem?  He is absolutely correct in his postings about Conroy's comments.  You should be directing your comments to Conroy.

Do you have reading comprehension difficulties in addition to a hypocritical streak, Mr Angry?

Arkayem's complaint about smart-*** comments was directed at Mylenium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comments were meant for Mylenium and Conroy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That would've been clear if you hadn't only used the term smart-*** in a separate reply to Mylenium after replying to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not with Adobe.  I'm just another user who happens to have figured out how Photoshop works pretty well, and who's just trying to get along.

Perhaps each of you good folks SO concerned about who said what to whom ought to reflect for a moment on how you'd behave if you weren't hiding behind a silly internet handle, but instead were actually meeting each of the other good folks here in person.

Remember the Golden Rule?  I don't think it says "treat others 15% worse than you feel they have treated you".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I apparently created this conflict, let me put it to bed. I think the question has been answered -- though as some have stated. not in the most polite fashion possible. I glanced at the screen so briefly the first time that I didn't even notice the "Creative Suit 6" was actually a link. Not everything that appears on my screen in blue is a link, believe it or not. And when you're answering questions on a board with users of all abilities, doesn't it just make sense to give a full and complete answer, as though you were talking to a kid who's just picked up a computer for the first time? At least that's what I try to do. Anyway, enough is enough. Let's save the bandwidth for more important things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the link.

Now, all I get is that it's essential to update to CC.

I don't want CC.  Ever.

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you find a different digital image tool to use. There are other choices Photoshop Elements, Corel Paintshop Pro if you are using a PC. Personally I would choose Painter 2016 as the core feature set of the two programs are very similar, and if you are an artist Painter is far superior to Photoshop.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the price reduction on Photoshop is now such that it costs the same as Netflix per month, whereas 10 years ago you needed a bank loan to buy it. The subscription model is more appealing to the bulk of customers which is why Adobe adopted it and won't change it.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

candace at nhsac wrote:

I tried the link.

Now, all I get is that it's essential to update to CC.

If you read it, near the end it gives you a phone number to call to get CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note about CS6 is that Adobe Camera Raw is no longer being upgraded past 9.1.1, and 9.4 is the current version that CC gets. If you get a camera whose raws go beyond that, you must convert to DNG.

It's going to cost $700  No discount on three year old software. No updates. That's why I feel I should tell you that first.

If you can deal with that, Sales opens on Monday.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want CC.  Ever.

Why not?  Creative Cloud is not (as its name implies) Cloud driven.  The software downloads & installs on your hard drive exactly as before.  Your work files are saved to your computer exactly as before.  Creative Cloud is merely a payment (lease) and distribution model.  This ensures you have ongoing access to the latest updates 2-3 times per year instead of waiting 18 mos for new products to come out.

In contrast, CS6 will never receive another update, ever.  If you purchase CS6 today, you will buying legacy software that is 4 years old and lacks many great features found in CC 2015.  Eventually CS6 will stop working on future operating systems, too.  So that's something to consider.

I think the Creative Cloud model is much better than the old system.  Of course,  YMMV.

Best advice, try Creative Cloud free for 30-days. Then make an informed decision. 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines