• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to setup cs5 on my new pc?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I finally came a round to build my new PC and now I am planning to install my Adobe Products, but I need help in multiple areas...but first a little info about my setup:

My product: I purchased CS4 and got a free CS5 upgrade shortly after (all on CD)

Old pc was win7 and upgraded to win10 at some point. I cannot remember if I installed CS before or after that.

New PC is fresh WIN10 install and so far doesnt have an optical drive

1)Deactivating CS5 doesn't seem to work on my old PC. Is that just temporary, been going on for a while or permanent? Anything from Adobe on that problem since I found multiple entries regarding that same issue.

2)I do not have an optical drive in my new PC, is there a downloadable installer instead?

3)Do I have to install CS4 or can I just install CS5 instead?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Well...I didnt want to do it, but I finally decided to get my old CD drive and install it in my new PC. And with that the installation worked without a flaw. Photshop starts on win10 64 as well so all seems fine now. But I still don't get why there's no downlad for CS5 anywhere.

Thanks for the help anyway and have  a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A lot of people are having issues deactivating CS5, you are allowed to activate it on 2 PC's so if you only activated it once you should be OK, you could get a USB optical drive. Did you register CS4/5 with your Adobe account, if so you should find download links there.

If you still have issue with the activation you will need to contact Adobe Customer Care

As far as I'm aware you can just install CS5 and you will be required to input your CS4 serial key at some stage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information. Here you can download the installation files for CS5

https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the link, but I cannot seem to find a working link there.

I mean. they are listed there and I have followed the instructions there (except deactivating bitdefender since I dont know how thats even possible ^^) but the links for CS5 premium just send me here:adobe downloads 

I cannot right click download anything either...Same result in Edge as well as FireFox 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I don't have tested it for a long time. Now I've checked it and you're right.

If you have ordered CS5 directly from Adobe then goto https://account.adobe.com/orders 

You'll prompted to sign in. After you logged in your orders will be showed. There you already can download the installation fies.

Otherwise you have to contact Adobe directly for a download link. Have your serial number and details of original purchase available. Make it clear that you doesn't need support for an older product but need a download link. Click the link below and scroll down the page to Individual “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with an Adobe agent.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I contacted support and to make it blunt:
We would like to inform you that CS 5 is too old and no longer available and supported with Windows 10 64 Bit And Secondly CS 5 servers have been shut down. If you will try to install or update it further then it will create conflict with your system. so we can do is we provide you the CS 6 so you can able to start your work in a proper way.

So CS5 seems to be have been shut down without notice. I also got the offer to purchase CS6 at a discount, since I already have CS5, but honestly, after forcefully disabling CS5 I would have thought it would be good customer service to offer CS6 as free replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS5 servers have not been shut down as far as I'm aware and I don't think Adobe would offer you CS6 at a discounted price as it's no longer available, are you sure it was Adobe you contacted and not some scammer.

This is a quote from @Jeff_A_Wright

"I do want to reinforce that no additional activation servers have been taken offline since the activation server for Creative Suite 3 was turned off in 2017"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you mention it...that might actually be a possibility.

...yup... googled it and you are correct. Silly me!

Now that still leaves me with the question of how to get CS5 on my new win10 PC. Maybe I'll try transferring an old CD drive and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...I didnt want to do it, but I finally decided to get my old CD drive and install it in my new PC. And with that the installation worked without a flaw. Photshop starts on win10 64 as well so all seems fine now. But I still don't get why there's no downlad for CS5 anywhere.

Thanks for the help anyway and have  a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You contacted adobe support or you got an email from someone claiming to be adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Private message, but didnt particularly claim to be from adobe, but just mentioned that one can contact adobe support via email. I didnt notice it ended on outlook.com...should have been a giveaway.

Another thing though:

I got CS5 running like mentioned above, but apparently there's some problem regarding updates for my old stuff. The application manager notices that updates are available, but always fails to install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install an updated adobe application manager and then try Help>Updates again.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=170&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that helped updating most of the applications. Good enough for me. 🙂

Btw, the private messages are from this guy

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17266920

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines