• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am missing about 15 of folders from my Creative Cloud folder

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are just GONE --- and the one folder that remains has has an "!" on every sub-folder and file so they aren't syncing properly. WHERE ARE THEY? I really need to access these files through my finder and not through the website. Please help. I've tried turning off/on the sync, but nothing changes!!!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Erin this may be the issue -

With the recent update of the Creative Cloud Desktop app (1.9.1.474) we unfortunately introduced a bug which causes the creation of a new Creative Cloud Files folder, and re-sync of all content. This will only occur the first time the sync application runs after the update. This has caused understandable pain and confusion, for which we truly apologise.

The Creative Cloud Files app contains logic that supports the use of multiple Adobe IDs. This allows you to sign out

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details like what files and from where they were uploaded initially.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were files, of all sorts. Word docs, Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, PDFs, .pngs, .jpgs... every type of file.

They were folders that were created for my freelance client work. There are hundreds and hundreds of files missing.

I saved files there, I created a file in a program, and then saved it in the folder in the Creative Cloud folder in my finder.. They are all on the web version, but I can't access them from my finder which is where I need them. Bizarre enough, one folder remains, but it has a "!" next to every folder and file. So it's not properly syncing.

I have a mac book pro, whatever software is the latest, I have it. What do you need to know? Everything is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you check in the Archive section of the Creative Cloud website?. Deleted files go in this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erin this may be the issue -

With the recent update of the Creative Cloud Desktop app (1.9.1.474) we unfortunately introduced a bug which causes the creation of a new Creative Cloud Files folder, and re-sync of all content. This will only occur the first time the sync application runs after the update. This has caused understandable pain and confusion, for which we truly apologise.

The Creative Cloud Files app contains logic that supports the use of multiple Adobe IDs. This allows you to sign out of one ID and in to another, but keeps your Creative Cloud content separate. When you sign out and change IDs, the app moves the previous Creative Cloud Files folder and it's contents and appends it with the previously signed in ID (User@AdobeID). It then creates a new main folder and starts to sync content of the new ID.

The bug which I mentioned previously occurs, as the app believes an ID switch has taken place and as such, moves the current Creative Cloud Files folder and tries to append the previously signed in ID. As no switch has actually taken place it manifests as (Unknown).  The app then creates a new main folder at syncs down the data.

Essentially what you end up with is a Creative Cloud Files folder with your newly sync'd data and a Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder that contains duplicate data.

This occurs once, after the last update completes.

The fix is to simply delete the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder.

I would advise that you ensure you have no pending edits that you may have made offline and that you check the contents of the new, main Creative Cloud Files folder contains everything you expect it to.  If not, check the contents of the Creative Cloud Files (Unknown) folder.

If there is still a discrepancy with your data, you can check on creative.adobe.com to confirm your data is there.

If you have any further problems or questions about this particular issue please email syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue right now! I hope they fix this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maxine,

did my post regarding the recent issue make sense?  Is this what you have seen in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines