• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to see the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started this thread for users who are facing difficulty locating the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by going to Help>Deactivate and then close and reopen Photoshop.  When you reopen please choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  If you are asked for a serial number please contact our support team to verify your subscription status. 

You can find additional details and troubleshooting steps to perform at Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cloud-products.html.

If you continue to face difficulties please respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and which updates you are unable to locate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deactivation and reactivation process is more to help ensure that the correct Adobe ID is being used to license your software.  Feel free to respond to this thread with your case number.  I would be happy to review your interaction with our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

The deactivation and reactivation process is more to help ensure that the correct Adobe ID is being used to license your software.  Feel free to respond to this thread with your case number.  I would be happy to review your interaction with our support team.

Just received e-mail from Adobe, in part reads:

"We’re reaching out to share some exciting news. Subscription Editions to individual Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 applications are now part of Adobe Creative Cloud. There’s nothing you need to do, and this change only adds to the benefits you’re receiving. Effective immediately, your subscription is now considered a Creative Cloud single-app membership that provides you with cloud storage of up to 20GB plus the ability to access and share your work wherever you are. You’ll see these changes being mentioned over the next several weeks on our website and within our communications."

I presume this means the end of physical/download CS, moving totally to Creative Cloud.  Having not that long ago gotten CS6, and working for a non profit, I'm not sure if this will be fiscally feasible.  Adobe is offering a monthly discount (they say for the first year so I imagine that it will go up after) for Creative Cloud subsciption.

Possibly why updates have been problematic for CS6 ("uncloud")???

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golf25radioman since the release of Creative Cloud subscription customers have already been going to https://creative.adobe.com/.  The e-mail you are referencing mainly has to do with a relabeling of the service and a increase in the amount of disk space available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Golf25radioman since the release of Creative Cloud subscription customers have already been going to https://creative.adobe.com/.  The e-mail you are referencing mainly has to do with a relabeling of the service and a increase in the amount of disk space available.

Jeff,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm still not sure (probably for another message thread) about how to go from here.  You probably guessed I'm a bit obsessive about keeping my software up to date - you never know what is REAL important (bugs, improvements, etc.).  Why I referenced earlier that I have a couple of apps that scan my HD and let me know when apps have updates.  Sometimes those utilities are a bit ahead of the developer, i.e. if I go to that app and choose "Check For Updates" sometimes there isn't one right away - takes a few days before it shows.  But in my situation, having CS6 installed on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro and having the Mac Pro update the apps in question no problem and having all the problems with Photoshop & Illustrator on the MBPro. 

I'm sorry for taking up so much time of you and a few other helpers here in the forums, it is just something I don't understand - why the MBPro CS6 suite won't update.

I see the writing on the wall, I think, with Creative Cloud.  I need to educate myself a bit more about how it all works and if it will be within my budget to move to.  Of course with the promotional "half off" it is tempting to move to it now.  Can you suggest, or is that beyond what you're able to do here on these forums. 

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom I would really recommend you work directly with our support team for your various inquiries.  You can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom I would really recommend you work directly with our support team for your various inquiries.  You can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Jeff,

Thanks for your guideance and suggestions.  I'll give support a jingle and see what's the best way to go.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay wait a minute.  Just so I get this clear. I purchased CS6 with lisence before creative cloud came out. Are you saying that adobe doesn't provide free updates to CS6 anymore and now requires a subscription to CC to get the latest updates to CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay wait a minute.  Just so I get this clear. I purchased CS6 with lisence before creative cloud came out.

I did, too, but was offered a one-year discounted price for CC. $30 a month, I believe. I'm now past that year and am paying $50 per month now.

Are you saying that adobe doesn't provide free updates to CS6 anymore and now requires a subscription to CC to get the latest updates to CS6?

I believe (and I'm not sure of this so wait for some verification) that you can still get any CS6 updates 'free,' but that development is mostly on CC and that's where the newest features come from. What I don't know is if Adobe has abandoned support for CS6 or not. The move to CC has certainly been aggresive.

I'm anxious to see what those in the know might share.

clinton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dummerben04 and Clinton-dyches we are continuing to update CS6 if needed for security breaches or incompatibilities with Windows 8 and Mac OS 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed all of the instructions above.  1 - Deactivate Photoshop, 2 - Restart Photoshop, 3 - Enter Creative Cloud Membership credentials.

Then I went to Help > Updates.  Nothing again.  These steps did not resolve anything for me.

Here is my system info

I am paying for adobe creative cloud.  What is the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I not able to see the upgrade of Photoshop 13.1 (Windows 7).  I've tried both to deactivate and reactivate the licence (creative cluod)  and uninstall and reinstall Photoshop, but nothing change.

When I lunch the upgrade software (Application Manager), the service say that everithing is updated. I've contact the support team, but no one is able to help me.

Thanks in advance for you interest. Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to see the 13.1 update (windows 7 64bit, just like everyone else.)

Sat for 2 hourts on support with no one able to help me.  Only suggestion is to uninstall all adobe programs and wip the system clean.  This is going to tale half the day, so haven't tried it yet.

Honestly, you can't keep using this as a solution for every user.  Someone needs to come  up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that adobe is so concerned about not letting people have the 13.1 update, that they are blocking several legitimate users.  Great for adobe, bad for the paid client.  There's no point in paying for updates that adobe won't let you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

I have stated this thread for users who are facing difficulty locating the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by going to Help>Deactivate and then close and reopen Photoshop.  When you reopen please choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  If you are asked for a serial number please contact our support team to verify your subscription status. 

You can find additional details and troubleshooting steps to perform at Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cl oud-products.html.

If you continue to face difficulties please respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and which updates you are unable to locate.

First off, I've got one Creative Cloud product, Muse.  My CS6 Design/Web Premium was physical install.  From inside the Photoshop app, it shows no updates - even though Adobe has a stand alone download of Photoshop 13.0.2 - but downloading it and trying to install gives an error.  Using the Application Manager inside (Mac OS) Utilities/Application Manager/core/Application Manager shows all my CS6 apps as a "Try" download - no updates.  There is, however, an update for Muse, Edge Animate, Creative Cloud Collection, and Touch App Plugins (all say "Install" - not update) but all (Try & Install) download but fail to install with various errors.  I've posted them in another thread.  I've also submitted a Support Request about this.  Something is off.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golf25radioman I have already responded to your other thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1083537.  I would ask that you please limit your responses to the difficulties you are facing to that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reply to that, am waiting for a response from you. Take a look...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get the updates to work but I think there might be something else at work in my case. I just had to recover my Mac from TimeMachine and now the Adobe updater will not start for me at all. When I try to deactivate Photoshop as you instructed it does not take. Is there some other kind of udpate that I need to run.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is due to your recovery from the Time Machine volume.  Please try removing the Adobe Creative Software using the uninstallers located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  You can also follow this by running the clean tool to help ensure the damaged installation has been fully removed.  You can find details on the use of the CS Clean Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

The Adobe applications installation does not lend itself to being copied from one computer to another.  This is what basically was done when you did a restore from Time Machine.  If you continue to experience difficulties I would recommend formatting, reinstalling your OS, and then restoring only your documents and settings from the Time Machine back up.  You can then do a proper installation from the install files after your documents and settings have been restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  About Photoshop... shows 13.0.1  When I click Help, Updates, the dialog says "Your applications are all up-to-date..."  I tried to Deactivate and sign back in again - it made no difference.  I'm not interested in spending hours uninstalling and reinstalling all this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DimondArchitect this thread is for Photoshop users not seeing the feature update contained in the 13.1 update not the 13.0.1 update.  Unless you are a Creative Cloud subscriber you will not see the 13.1 update.  If you go to Help>Deactivate then your screen should appear the same as the one posted in message #21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am a Creative Cloud subscriber who can not see the 13.1 update...  However, my screen shows "Creative Cloud" not "Creative Cloud Membership".  What is the best way to contact support on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome to contact support via voice or chat.  For chat support you can reach our support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

You can find the appropriate voice options for your country/region by going to http://www.adobe.com/ and selecting Help and Contact Us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, have uninstalled and re-installed my full suite 5 times now, i've gone through every thread and fix i've found on the forum and still my updater will not show the photoshop 13.1 update and yes i am a creative cloud subscriber, i seem to be spending more time trying to fix the software than actually using it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X-Seraphin when you go to Help>Deactivate in Photoshop does the screen look exactly like the one I posted in message #21?  It should indicate that you have a Creative Cloud Membership in order to see the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, yes looks exactly the same as in the posted image. Also forgot to mention i'm running on windows 7 and not mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines