Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've bought Adobe Photoshop on Ebay

Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've bought Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended on Ebay.

When the DVD arrived, instead of installing from it, I thought it was safer to enter the Licence Number in my Abobe account, and download it from Adobe itself.

I should have expected it...entering the License Number says it's invalid.

So, either the License Number is legit and has been used by someone else, or most likely it's just a fake one, since even the vendor on Ebay told me that there's no need to input it when installing the program, 

which is very suspicious and an abnormal behavior from Adobe's softwares from what I've read since on the forums and articles.

Needless to say, I'm not installing anything from this suspicious DVD until someone like Sheena Kaul for example can first verifiy this license number.

Please, could you do this?

Thank you in advance for helping with this situation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Deleted User

Hi

Adobe have not sold CS6 for sometime and what you have is a pirated version, don't install it from the DVD or you could potentially infect your system with nasties, ask for you money back if you can and sign up to the Creative Cloud

https://prodesigntools.com/dont-buy-adobe-software-on-ebay-craigslist-or-amazon-marketplace.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/genuine/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Log-in to your Adobe Account below to register your serial number. 

https://account.adobe.com/products

That's all the verification you need.  If it isn't accepted, notify eBay immediately so the seller can be stopped and your money refunded.

===============

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country now.   For best results,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

IF YOU Entered the serial number into the Adobe website Register Product page and it came back INVALID you have already Verified the serial number is either completely counterfeit, Never was valid, or has been revoked because it was for a Corporate license and has been retired and never should of been sold to individuals.

No more need to contact Adobe. You already did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe have not sold CS6 for sometime and what you have is a pirated version, don't install it from the DVD or you could potentially infect your system with nasties, ask for you money back if you can and sign up to the Creative Cloud

https://prodesigntools.com/dont-buy-adobe-software-on-ebay-craigslist-or-amazon-marketplace.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/genuine/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ged Traynor,

Thank you for confirming what I was suspecting.

Edit: for the sake of it, please could someone verify the License Number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to talk to Adobe for that. No one here can verify license numbers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I contact them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to your Adobe Account below to register your serial number. 

https://account.adobe.com/products

That's all the verification you need.  If it isn't accepted, notify eBay immediately so the seller can be stopped and your money refunded.

===============

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country now.   For best results, only buy direct from Adobe or a certified Adobe reseller.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy O'Shea,

I was asking if someone from Adobe could verify the License number in case it's legit and used by someone else.

This way, I could contact the vendor and ask about filling a transfer form like this: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Edit: because if the License is already used or is not legit, in both case it will say "invalid" from what I've read on forums and articles.

Edit2: Sheena Kaul verified someone's License in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/licensing/unable-to-register-photoshop-cs6-serial-number-to-my-adobe-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• An ownership transfer is not possible with Creative Suite. 
  • Also volume licensed, OEM and student/teacher editions were never transferable. 
  • Face it, you bought a pig in a poke which isn't too surprising on eBay.
  • Time to move on...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF YOU Entered the serial number into the Adobe website Register Product page and it came back INVALID you have already Verified the serial number is either completely counterfeit, Never was valid, or has been revoked because it was for a Corporate license and has been retired and never should of been sold to individuals.

No more need to contact Adobe. You already did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone, that's crystal clear.

Lesson learned, time to ask for a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines