• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I turn on Adobe File Sync will that duplicate files in my Dropbox? (Unnecessary and I can't afford the bandwidth).

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gigabytes of Adobe CC files arranged in appropriate client folders in Dropbox (and mirrored on my local hard drive).

It looks like if I turn File Sync on (needed to access Assets) some or all of this will be duplicated and separated from non-Adobe data in each client file.

Messy, unnecessary and 100GB of bandwidth I don't want to pay for! (I'm on 4G so it's expensive.)

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, unless you set your sync folders to be the same as your Dropbox folders, that should not be an issue...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium, but I'm not sure what that means.

Across the two clouds, DropBox and Adbobe, I want only one copy of my files – in Dropbox.

I want to the Adobe cloud only to service my membership and access to resources.

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MichaelGli2,

The Creative Cloud desktop application will only sync files that are in your "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your local machine.

By default, the "Creative Cloud Files" folder is in your user's home folder (/Users/<yourusername>/Creative Cloud Files/ on Mac, or C:\Users\<yourusername>\Creative Cloud Files\ on Windows).

Unless you have deliberately changed the location of your Creative Cloud Files folder yourself so that it is inside your local Dropbox folder, there will be no duplication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines