• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install problems; Conterfeit?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so going from Photoshop CS4 extended to CS6 extended, during the installation after choosing both CS632 bit and 64 bit, I get an error saying "The product you are trying to install is not an Adobe Genuine Software and appears to be counterfiet.  But I have my retail packaging for CS4 and bought the upgrade strait from Adobe.  Please help.  I'm in the weekend time and the phone support is not open.  Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this

Solution 2   

Go to creative.adobe.com and sign in. Click the Apps link at the top of the page. Finally, initiate a product download by clicking the Download link beneath any of the apps listed. AAM downloads, so that you can install the necessary update.

But there isn't a download link.  That interface is very confusing.  I did install the AAM 6 and it failed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you receive an error message if you try to download the trial from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, following the orginal reply, I used the new AAM and after the third try, the demo installed, I used the serial from Adobe purchase and registered it, so as far as I know, it all worked.  That only took 5 hours lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it install successfully.  In general the workflow of installing through AAM though is designed for our subscription users.  If you have a serial number then you may want to consider downloading the trial directly for any future software installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines