• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient drive space

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an SSD for my C: drive and there is not enough room for the CC 2014 Photoshop install. How do I get CC to use a different drive? I have 9 drives at the moment. Yes, I have changed the actual install location and changed my creative cloud files location too (although I don't even use it).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sterlingsteves there will always be shared resources which will be installed on the drive containing your operating system.  If you have already customized the installation location then there is no additional configuration options to make.  You could attempt to adjust your environmental variables and move your User files and temp directory to a different drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have some space, it downloads and then starts extracting and comes up with an error. Moving my temp drive to a different disk would probably solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to free up space and it has already got past the extracting phase and is on the installing phase. HOWEVER, the temp files and the extraction were done on the c: drive so changing the installation folder HAS NO impact on the downloading and extracting. I kept refreshing the drive space to be able to verify this. The initial download took about 700mb and that basically doubled with extraction. I'm guessing it deletes the download after that as the space quickly went back up 700mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did have success finally. I still got an install error code and went and found the temp installer inside a folder in the temp folder. Told me I had a pending installation so I restated and the triggered the installation again from the temp folder, still got an error after it had finished but the install seems to have actually worked. My next step was to move the temp installer to another drive and then running it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines