Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC does not start.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not start.

I had LR 5.7 not Cloud, so I installed LR 5 Cloud and had 2 pcs. LR 5 on the machine. Then I got the opportunity to update the LR CC, but it would not start after update, comes a flash then it is gone.

I Rebooting the computer, and deleted LR 5 and uninstalled CC and installed again without help.

What is wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  The only support Adobe offers me is through these forums. I have a valid CS5 Master suite serial number, but that's it. I'm trying to get the various trial editions to work.  If I could get live chat, I would.  I'll think of something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got it working.  The solution outlined in this thread here did the trick.  It involved clearing cached files. 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1820932

I had previously deleted other files, but not the ones referenced here.  Glad it's working. Now to see if the app does what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue for me.  This is on Windows 8.1 ... uninstalled version 5, installed LR CC and get zero response. Not even a splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exact same problem on Windows 7 PC. I went to Creative Cloud (ACC), then settings gear, then preferences, then signed out. When I went back to ACC and signed back in, I was given the option to update the catalog to V6 and all is now well. Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.   Why it lets you download the updated apps, but make you go through these hoops is unclear, but for whatever reason, signing out and back in seemed to resolve it for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Mystery solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working. Thanks any why.

2015-04-23 20:07 GMT+03:00 DayTooley <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Lightroom CC does not start. created by DayTooley

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/DayTooley> in *Creative Cloud Download &

Install* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7471003#7471003>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too under Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, on a 2012 MBP 2.7 I7 Retina.  The startup splashes and disappears.  I need to add that I had no issues on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works:

Start LR5 and sign out for sync with LR mobile (iPad en iPhone signout automatic)

Start Photoshop CC and sign out by " help"

Now go to Creative Cloud app and click on LR CC 2015. See what happens: it is working. Good luck everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I could get my Windows 8.0  download of Lightroom CC to work by renaming one file from from 248562765.lc2 to 248562765.lc2sav.  Windows will complain but go ahead and do it anyway.  Then go and sign on using your CC Adobe ID and say that you want to use your CC membership to change Lightroom from a trial version to a real version.  This file will then be re-written with the original name again and then Lightroom CC should work.  By the way, the 248562765 number is probably specific to my membership but it will be the only lc2 type of file in "c:\programdata\adobe\slstore" directory.  It took me some trial and error to find which file was the problem but I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on Windows 8.1.  Downloaded new version of creative cloud then Lightroom CC.  LR CC wouldn't start at ALL, seemingly.  Read the above suggestion to sign off Creative Cloud, so I did that and logged back in - and Voila, Lightroom CC would start.  Definitely a bug which Adobe needs to fix.  I've never had an issue like this before.  Thanks for the forum members above and their suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. You have to log out of CC and log back in for it to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Logging off and logging in again can solve my problem. After did that LR ask for upgrade catalog before first time use. <windows 7 64bit>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problems were (and still are) these:

1    Just trying to start Creative Cloud takes anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer.

2   Messages about 'trial versions have 30 days' left (logging off CC then back in seems to resolve this one, but takes

3 to 5 minutes each time)

3   the "Server Busy" message every time LR CC starts.

HOURS spent trying to resolve this issue, including turning off various  windows services like Windows Indexing service,

"superfetch", etc.   Issue is still happening.

after about 10 minutes, the serve busy message stops then when
      you try to import a catalog, LR CC freezes up.

After reading and trying all the 'solutions' posted here in this forum and others that have sprouted up under similar titles I gave up and called Adobe support.  

When I first called it said it would be 10-20 minutes in the queue before anyone could assist.   Ended up being 45 minutes on hold.   Then 4 and 1/2 hours (that's not a typo) through three different technicians, most doing the same crap over and over. There was no language issue or anything like that; they were polite and went right on following their standard solution scripts that I'm sure have been written to address these issues (but don't seem to actually work!)

There's a technique they use to shorten their 'average call time'.   Every so often they say "I'm going to transfer you to another person", and get your number, then disconnect the call, and the return call is pretty prompt.  But I'm guessing it looks better on their reports to have 3 or 4 one hour calls than one 4 hour, still unresolved call.  

At the end they said 'an expert' would be calling me today.   I think the product just has bugs that should have never made it out of beta.   I've had Adobe CC for over about 2 years and never had issues like this.    For a company that makes millions and millions of dollars on this software you would think they could do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! Works !

2015-04-23 20:33 GMT+03:00 riccardos54896007 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Lightroom CC does not start. created by riccardos54896007

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/riccardos54896007> in *Creative Cloud

Download & Install* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7471092#7471092>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the briefest of splash screens coming up. Something yellowish and poof it's gone. No sign of a living LightRoom. Is the name supposed to match other CC offerings. It actually took me a few minutes to figure out the new Lightroom is not named Lightroom CC 2015 like I expected. Here's what it looks like. I uninstalled and re-installed twice. I rebooted and I cleaned up permissions. I have the latest Yosemite and I'm running a late 2103 iMac.

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 12.27.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Windows 7.

Signing off and on again made it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's maybe a solution for all Windows users who haven't been able to use the already existing solutions:

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
2. Locate SLCache Folder and open it
3. Delete all the content in the SLCache folder
4. Close the folder
5. Hold and click the windows logo key + r (opens the run command window)
6. Type in %programdata% and click okay
7. Open the Adobe folder

8. Locate the SLStore folder and rename it to SLStoreOld
9. Try to lauch Adobe Lightroom CC again

I really hope it works for you. I've been as frustrated as many of you and this saved my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my Mac.  Deleting the SLStore folder in Library > Application Support > Adobe and the lone file in SLCache helped!!! It's now working   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piyachin,  Thank you, that worked!!  I appreciate it. Another Adobe Drama averted thanks to some helpful people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks piyachin!  This finally worked for me after many cycles of uninstall - reinstall - log out of CC, etc.  On Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, I deleted to following folders :

• Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache
  • Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

There was also an SLStore_v1 that I deleted for good measure.  I then logged out of Creative Cloud from the preferences menu under the gear icon, just because I was trying anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines