• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My serial number is not working. What should I do?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new laptop.I first uninstalled the Adobe software on the old laptop and then I installed the software (CS6 Design and Web Premium) on the new laptop. When it was time to enter the serial number it said the S/N was invalid. I tried like five times. Is there something I can try next.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You could check this link to fix issue.

Error "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Creative Suite

Regards

Akshey Malhotra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akshey, John and Rajashree,

I checked the link Akshey and it doesn't apply.

The first time I installed the software on my previous computer it worked properly with the same Serial number. Why this time on my new computer it's not working.

I asked for a new serial number...and they sent me the exact same number. I really don't know what to do right now.

Any idea?

Regards,

Michèle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you DE-activate before uninstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no serial number registered to this Adobe ID, if the above solution does not work, please do let know the serial number by personal message. I can check the validity of the serial number.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the new laptop the same operating system as the old one? E.g. if the old one was Windows OS, is the new one Windows OS as well?

If Yes, what happens if you reinstall the software on the old laptop?

• Does it automatically recognise your serial number? (that would point to it not being deactivated or removed from the old system when it was previously uninstalled?)
  • If it works on the old laptop, than first choose Help > Deactivate and choose Deactivate Permanently option, this should now make it possible (hopefully)
    See also: Activate and deactivate Adobe products‌
  • Once you've gone through this process, install and serialise on your new computer. (If you've already installed and are running in Trial mode, relaunch the software and then enter the serial number).

If No, for example you've moved from a Windows to a Macintosh computer, then you'll need to get your license changed over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also another thing just crossed my mind:

• Are you installing the software from the exact same media (e.g. original Adobe installer DVDs, or downloaded installers that came with the purchase of the license)?
  • And is your license a regular (retail) or student/teacher (education) license or other? Adobe support should be able to tell you from your license registration and serial number what type of license it is, and also -- if you need to download the appropriate installer – where to download the installer, in case you might no longer have the original installers.
  • Generally you'd use this link to download the installers again: Download Creative Suite 6 applications‌? Note that there are different installer language versions and I believe serial numbers are linked to installer language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines