Exit

New updates [CS5.1 won't run on Catalina]

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did an update on my computer to MAC OS version 10.15

i can not longer use my Adobe Bridge CS5.1 or Adobe Device Central CS5.5

i have done all the updates I can find....PLEASE HELP!

[Topic edited by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

You cannot use legacy 32-bit software on Catalina.  Apple has been telling their customers about this for more than a year.  

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/macos-catalina-is-killing-off-32-bit-apps-heres-what-that-means-for-you/

You need to revert to your old OS and stay there forever.  Or start looking to replace your aging 32-bit software with compatible 64-bit replacements like Creative Cloud.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use legacy 32-bit software on Catalina.  Apple has been telling their customers about this for more than a year.  

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/macos-catalina-is-killing-off-32-bit-apps-heres-what-that-means-for-you/

You need to revert to your old OS and stay there forever.  Or start looking to replace your aging 32-bit software with compatible 64-bit replacements like Creative Cloud.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There would also have been a warning when installing Catalina that these apps couldn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upset by this. Mac recalled my 2016 mac Pro last year and I had to either get the whole computer wiped out and reset or risk having it crash. I chose the free reset and they put Catalina on my computer nullifying my Adobe C5.1. How do I revert back to Mojave if that is the only solution to not loosing a very expensive Adobe suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no guarantee CS5 will run properly on Mojave either.   The old Creative Suite installers have not been supported since Sierra.  You have to use terminal workarounds to install which may or may not work on your present system. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

You will also need an older JAVA SE runtime to support your older software. 

IMO, you should get an old used Mac to support your legacy CS5 software.   And leave the new Mac alone.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find an Apple group and ask how to downgrade your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Mac, new app. 

New system, new app.

It's all part of the Joy Of Mac - nobody has to run out of date apps on Apples. Nobody can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's OS hasn't considered compatibility for a long time.
The history of OS and hardware has proven.
Because they release with a new OS in a very short time, applications must use new ones immediately.
So the problem lies with Apple and your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. Now I am using QuarkXpress 2019 on Macintosh (Catalina) and Adobe CS5 on PC (Windows 10). I have no use for subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use it enough to pay a monthly fee. Is there a way to just buy Indesign, Bridge, Illustrator, Photoshop without paying monthly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... those programs are subscription only - Cloud Plans https://creative.adobe.com/plans

You may buy Photoshop Elements one time http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comanies are moving away from allowing you to own anything outright.  You can't repair things on yoru own, you can't keep software for any length of time, and when you hold a license, they will find a way to strip it away from you by rendering it unusable.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines