• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer can launch a licensed copy of CS6 Design Standard

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After being unable to install the 16.0.3 update to Illustrator either via manually or via software update several days ago, I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling my licensed copy of CS6 Design Standard which I had bought and downloaded from the Adobe Store.  Moments ago, I tried to launch Photoshop.  Instead Adobe Application Manager launched and informed me that I was required to sign in to start my software trial.  Why am I now getting a message to start a software trial when I have installed the software suite and entered the license code Adobe issued me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased the full version software or Creative Cloud?

If it is full version, once you enter the serial number it must accept and activate the software.
If you have purchased Creative Cloud, please click on License this software and sign-in with the email address which you used to purchase subsciption, so the subscription will be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an upgrade from CS 5.5 to 6 in May of 2012.  Everything was fine until I tried to install the latest (16.0.3) update to Illustrator.  Like many, I couldn't get the update to install either manually or via software update.  So, I uninstalled/reinstalled CS6 from the .dmg file that I had downloaded from Adobe and entered the license code that I had received.  The code was accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the upgrade from CS5.5 50 CS6.  The first time that I installed the software I was prompted for my license code from CS5.5; however, in 4 times that I have subsequently uninstalled/reinstalled CS6, I have not been prompted to key in the license code from CS5.5 and that, I fear, is why I keep getting prompts to sign in with my Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of signing in for the trial have you tried clicking on the License this Software option discussed in Santhosh's post in message #1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  Each time that I have installed CS6, I have reached the "Welcome" screen which includes 2 options: License (I have a license code.) and Trial.  I click on the License option and, when the next screen appears, I have entered my license code which has now been verified by Adobe.  The installation proceeds normally but, when I start to work on a project in any of the suite apps, I start getting prompts to sign in again.  I might also point out 2 additional things When I installed CS6 for the first time, I was prompted to enter a license code from a product (CS5.5 in this case) qualifying me for the upgrade version of CS6.  In my latest uninstalls/reinstalls, I have not been prompted for this qualifying license code.  Second, this nightmare began when I, like many others couldn't get the latest update (16.0.3) to Illustrator to install either through software update or by manually downloading the installer.  Some other users found that, by uninstalling/reinstalling Illustrator, the update would install.  I tried this but that didn't work for me and, when I started receiving dialogue boxes that said I could use this trial version for 32000+ days (I kid you not.), I decided to uninstall/reinstall CS6 from the original dmg file downloaded from Adobe.  Earlier today, I contacted Adobe and was issued a case number.  I have reinstalled CS6 using the verified license code so we'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines