• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please uninstall and reinstall the product. Error 16

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code show at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Running Windows 7 Enterprise. I am getting this error message after installing Adobe Acrobat DC. I uninstalled all Adobe products, removed residual files from Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, and the registry as well. I then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and I am still receiving the same error message. There is no support available by phone and I don't see a support email either. Has anyone encountered this? If so, what was the resolution? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Javier C. Ceseña

javier_cesena@hotmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

You may also try to create a new admin user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Javier, please try the steps mentioned in: Configuration error | CC, CS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I tried to take ownership of the folder by adding the Administrators group as the steps indicate. However, is gives me access is denied and will not allow me to change the ownership. I am an administrator on the machine in question.

Update: I was able to change permissions and take ownership now. However, it sill shows the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also try to create a new admin user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this way.:

First we will set the permissions to  main Adobe folder itself under Common Files >Adobe.

If you provide full permission to main folder, same applies to sub-folders as well. .

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) >Common Files .

Under Common Files folder locate Adobe folder ,.

Right click on Adobe folder and select Properties option.

Imp: Uncheck Read only option and click Apply.

If it prompts error ignore all .

Click on Security tab.

take-ownership-1-363x468.jpg

Click on Edit button .

Click on user names listed in the Group or User name section.

Then tick the box next to Full Control under Allow .

full-control-permissions.jpg

Provide Full control all user names :

Like SYSTEM, Administrator, Your Current logged in user name , Trusted Installers..etc

All must have Full Control.

Then click Apply and then OK.

If you get any error message while applying privileges , click on  ignore all option.

Follow same steps for C: ProgramData>Adobe.

Provide full permissions to Adobe folder under Program Data,

Imp: Uncheck Read only option and click Apply.

Once you had provided Full control both Adobe folders try to launch the app and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same??

As mentioned earlier by Staff create a New Administrator account first and try to launch .

Still same ??

Try with Hidden Administrator account :

Steps :

Step 1)

Click on Start menu button and then in the search box type in as CMD.

In the search results list , locate the option Command Prompt.

Right click on Command Prompt option and then select " Run as Administrator"  .

302x115ximage6.png.pagespeed.ic.TIqGdF87GM.jpg

It will open Command Prompt window in elevated mode.

Step 2)

Now copy below command then right click on Command Prompt black screen window and select Paste option and press Enter key.

net user administrator /active:yes

484x211ximage7.png.pagespeed.ic.UL9DEePAvt.png

You should see a message that the command completed successfully.

Step 3)

Restart the computer and login to user account named " Administrator"  and then try to launch the Acrobat app and check.

384x213ximage8.png.pagespeed.ic.tuGeRMtR5J.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got this dire error when launching Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and InDesign CC.

When I tried to launch Bridge CC, it launched but immediately crashed.

I wondered how it was possible for all of these apps to go bad all at once, since they worked fine yesterday.

Then I opened up the Creative Cloud app, to make sure I was still signed into Creative Cloud, but all looked normal there.

Finally I realized my laptop had been asleep for the afternoon. The kids had connected a friend's Xbox to the home network.

I thought, maybe the router assigned a new IP address to my laptop when it woke up from sleep. And maybe the Creative Cloud watchdog software is hanging onto the old IP address. Just guesses, but I rebooted my laptop and suddenly all my CC apps were working again perfectly!

I am so glad I didn't do what the error message said, uninstalling and reinstalling all of my apps.

This solution may not apply to everyone, but if your computer was asleep and maybe woke up and got a different IP assigned (unbeknownst to the Adobe system software) then a reboot may be the simple answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines