Highlighted

Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, CC now looks like this:

Screenshot - 2013-10-18 , 17_42_23.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same difficulty and discovered, inadvertently, that it appears to be an Internet Explorer problem.  I navigated to the Creative Cloud Download site with Google Chrome and installed it from there, and it works now just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue since installing windows 8.1...

Have tried alternative browsers (Chrome & Firefox) , uninstalling and reinstalling CC and its still broken!

Have tried editing IE settings and it seems even this change isnt helping fix the problem.

cloudisbroken.png

Really losing faith with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done another search of the forums, this seems to have been an ongoing bug since September (so since the early dev builds of Windows Blue (8.1) .)

Wonderful.

Have contacted Live Chat and my case has been esclated to Level 2 support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issue here, not too clever, hoping it's resolved ASAP.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised this initally and sveral months on no answers. I thought it may have been to do with the 8.1 preview relase but isn;t.

Adobe when are you going to sort this out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give everyone an update. Not herd back from Adobe Technical support on the 2nd level. (I guess my case wasnt refered to that team, after spending 4+ hours of trying to repair the app the tech couldnt find any way of resolving the issue thought troubleshooting.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to cancel my subscription with Adobe as this error was the last straw.

1. Adobe failed to provide protection of data for customers billing details.
  2. Adobe has failed to provide updates about there site and service when it has been down/offline.
  3. Adobe has failed to provide support for this issue at higher levels of support and isnt willing to fix this bug.

I have been a customer of Adobe Systems for 9 years now and I think its time for me to move on. The creative cloud is a great idea but if the software isnt supported what hope do we have of getting it fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least I am not the only one, was about to capture a screenshot and post - but thanks to the OP for doing so.  Same issue here on Windows 8.1.  This needs fixing Adobe please, on top of the Help bug in Photoshop this is low standards from a top tier developer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yip. I have the exact same problem since installing 8.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines