• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS is DOUBLING in cost??

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription is ending in Feb and Adobe says my plan will go up in $$. What I see is PS is doubling?? But then I see something about a photography "plan" at 10/mo. So not having much luck finding out how much to keep AI and PS.. don't need a big storage plan for gosh sakes. Really having harsh feelings toward Adobe after years of being a loyal user. Am a semi-retired designer who helps with my art groups graphics as so don't need the added cost.

The older CS applications worked fine, but then they decided to force people into subscription by making PS unusable for newer systems.  Very Greedy. Meanwhile will be looking into Affinity. Hearing good things.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan(s) do you have today? What do they cost? What will the new cost be? Please be detailed, there is no doubling (at least not in the US) unless you got a really good half price deal a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the intro plan for PS and had AI.. so about $32/mo for both with taxes. I don't gain income from using these applications as I did for many years, but volunteer graphics work, so cost is important. Customer service may be able to help keep the cost the same which I appreciate. But will still try out the Affinity products and see if it's worth dropping Adobe at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of a $32 combined program. The normal price for a single app is around $20, but there is an amazing special on the Photographer Plan (Photoshop + Lightroom) for $10. So, the combined price for these two programs is $32.

It's still hard to imagine how it could double, as around $50 will get you the app apps plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I mentioned I had the intro price for PS ($10).. and regular price for AI, but if I renewed I would have to have paid the @20$ ea - as Adobe told me, there would be the increase on PS to the "regular" cost, double what I was being charged. (Of course, the more apps you rent, the cheaper for each, I just don't need them now).

BUT as it turned out, they honored the intro price for PS so the cost is the same for now. As someone else asked, it was not an option for several reasons for me to go back to older OS to be able to use my purchased PS Creative Suite.

Am all set for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$10 isn't an introductory price. It's the permanent price of the "photography plan". If you take out a single app plan, for Photoshop, it's $20. Yes, it's bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  the adobe contact  told me  there WAS an into price for PS I was paying, and it would go up to $20 when it renewed, whether I had one or more apps. Their website is a bit confusing so I am not the only one, I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. It might be that the Photography plan isn't intended for combining. Or that the rep was mistaken... there has to be a first time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other thing, I guess. Be sure, if you ever are talking to Adobe again about your plans, to call it the "Photography plan" rather than "Photoshop subscription". Maybe that will keep them on target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>making PS unusable for newer systems

Adobe did nothing to old programs stop working... Apple and Microsoft made new operating systems that would not work with old programs

If you want to keep using old programs, you must use an old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines