• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repetitive verification of Adobe Applications on macOS Catalina 10.15 with FileVault enabled

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed over the past few months that nearly every time I open my Adobe Applications, especially After Effects and Premiere Pro, my mac (iMac Retina 5k, Late 2015, APFS formated Fusion drive) runs the verification process, which, in 2020 on an HDD, slows me down a bit.

Is there something somehwere I need to adjust to prevent this from happening (besides turning off FileVault, which I won't do as this is a corporate computer), or does Adobe need to be alerted that the signature keeps changing with every update? This doesn't happen on other applications likes Slack or Monday.com.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matteodavidking, unless there is something unique in how Filevault is handling the Fusion Drive, I don't think that is the cause.  I have three different MacBook Pros with Filevault turned on, and I have had no problems.

I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed security or utility software.  Anything which may be modifying files on the drive is a potential suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines