• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple question about the cloud

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older computer with limited hard drive space, so I would like to offload my videos and photos to the cloud space I’m paying for, I figured out the convoluted way to get the desktop app to actually upload them (nice of adobe to provide zero instructions), but given the “unique” way that is done, I wonder what will happen if I delete those files from my computer.

So, once a file is uploaded or “synced” to the cloud, can I then delete that file from my computer, or would that cause it to also be deleted from the cloud since it is only “synced?”

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what you do so they are directly saved, not just synced

1. go to Adobe Creative Cloud and log in.

2. Along the top left, click on "Your Work"

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 9.49.08 PM.png

3. In the upper right, click on the little file upload icon to directly upload files to your cloud storage without using sync.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 9.49.38 PM.png

Once they are done uploading, you can delete them off of your computer since they are now saved on the cloud. Though a good idea would be to also have them backed up to an external hard drive. It's always a good practice to have things backed up in at least two different places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That method only allows me to upload 1gb at a time and I have MANY files to upload, many of which are over a gigabyte.  I must use the desktop app.

Also, I am not seeing the files I spent all last night syncing showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say this but Creative Cloud storage is NOT  a substitute for hard disk space.  It's mainly for collaborating and accessing work files from other devices.   External hard drives are cheap. And use an online backup serivce like Backblaze just in case.  

https://www.backblaze.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

9245  wrote

So, once a file is uploaded or “synced” to the cloud, can I then delete that file from my computer, or would that cause it to also be deleted from the cloud since it is only “synced?”

The delete operation syncs also. Basically the cloud mirrors your situation on the disk.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines