Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single App Plan Not [Locked]

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As a strong opponent of CC, my question is negatively biased and one I hope someone may explain with some sensibility.

Since the 'App' plans on CC are anything but sensibile in structure or fair to the consumer, can someone please explain why the 'Single App Plan' is double the price of say the 'Photographers Plan'?

And, why the fxxk does the SAP not allow Lightroom to be considered as one of the 'single apps'?

Until the monopolistic front of Adobe while bulishly pedaling their faux CC 'plans' suddenly cease or change - I call on all users who pay their subscription monthly - to unite with solidarity force - and take action - by letting your subscription lapse for one month and testing the legitimacy of Adobe's sanguine voice in veiled support for us industry professionals...

Peace

#metoo #downwithcc #saynotomonopolisticbusinesses

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

The Photography Plan came out in 2014 to attract new photographers to the Creative Cloud.  What began as a deeply discounted promotional offer has since been made permanent.  Perhaps that's why it looks odd compared to the single app plan.   If you need Photoshop, the Photography Plan is your best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every one is free to have an opinion. So you're welcome to be against CC. I for my part made the calculation and found that the subscription model is favourably priced. My company has even increased the number of licenses, because of the model.

Now for your question:

thejeta1  wrote

Since the 'App' plans on CC are anything but sensibile in structure or fair to the consumer, can someone please explain why the 'Single App Plan' is double the price of say the 'Photographers Plan'?

This is a marketing decision. I can speculate: As many photographers are heavy users of Lr and Ps Adobe wanted to keep that portion of the customer's population aboard. Lr alone would not allow for that price of around 10$/month so they made a special plan with Photoshop. That plan is a bargain, bringing Ps into the hands of hobbyists, the ones that could before not afford the 1000$+ that Ps did cost. I personally took a Photography plan for my own needs as a "hobby" photographer.

thejeta1  wrote

I call on all users who pay their subscription monthly - to unite with solidarity force - and take action - by letting your subscription lapse for one month

That will disrupt the businesses of the people doing that and it is a breach of contract. For this to have an effect and to be legally OK, the users would need to cancel at the end of their contract to take a new contract the month after, not being able to serve customers for a month. I wouldn't do that, except if I could afford a month of holidays.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Abambo.

However it seems you're in a privilaged position to talk from - under the wing of a 'company' where the decision to purchase more licences outweighs the financial cost.

I am an industrustry professional and freelance as a sole trader so my choices are often financially based.

And as the CC plans currently are, I still believe they are inflexibe for the financial outlay vs value for money.

Here's an insight for you as a 'hobbist' - I work exclusively in Lr. I never have a need for Photoshop. Bust if I ever do, I'll farm the work out to someone way more advanced than I will ever be in PS. They're true artists capable of seamless work in Ps if or when the job requires.

I know my limitations, of what I need to capture in camera and how far I can then push or pull that image in Lr. Thankfully my work excels from workflow. But if I'm shooting plate shots of each ingredient in a burger then I'll gladly hand over the flattest files (in latitude) to the PS artist to rebuild a perfectly assembled and tastiest looking burger as one singular image.

My point? Each app is powerful on their own yet (in my case) redundant coupled two in one plan.

Peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

However it seems you're in a privilaged position to talk from - under the wing of a 'company' where the decision to purchase more licences outweighs the financial cost.

It's easier for me to get support for a license for 70€/month than the same for a one time fee of 5000€.

If you use only Lr you have an interesting price. If you do not want a subscription you can even take a competitor's product. There are some available on the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully Abambo, whoever you may be.  

Your reply is nonsensical.

You digress in to a language speak of numberS and exchange rates not of this world.

Please respond when your flight returns.

Peace aka nunoo nunoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a valid argument.

Keep in mind that these same points were furiously debated in these forums and elsewhere several years ago back when the Cloud was first released. Boycotts, petitions and even sit-ins were proposed back then but little came of them. Some left, many more arrived. Not much has changed in the bundling of the plans since day 1 - other than the introduction of the Photography Plan which everyone immediately embraced when it arrived

There are currently 15 million paid subscribers and climbing. I'm guessing they did their due diligence beforehand and have accepted their current plan. They may even be happy with it.

https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-one-million-paid-members.html

I'm not sure a silent protest by the Monthly subscribers of skipping a month will achieve anything. That's how those plans work by design anyway and everyone has different start and stop dates so there won't be a bump in the numbers. Adobe won't notice and the subscribers undoubtedly subscribed because that plan suits them best.

Ultimately you'll have to make your own call based on the plans as they stand today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for your reply.

I guess my frustration is in the inflexibility of the CC platform  - why can't there be complete flexibility - in being able to mix and match any app with (if one desires) another, including as much or as little cloud storage.

As an industry professional, I structure my workflow outside of any need for (or dependance on) cloud storage - so this feature is moot to me.

Ironically, Adobe will never lose control over their apps in the CC structure instead they could be seen to being proactive in helping the needs of 'creative professionals' as they judiciously advocate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

Thanks John for your reply.

I guess my frustration is in the inflexibility of the CC platform  - why can't there be complete flexibility

When the Photography Plan first came out, it was temporary with a time limit. So far it’s still in place at the same price as when it started, and two additional options have been added.

Compare plans |Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

But complete flexibility? I get it, but I’m trying to think of any company who does that. I never want all of the options in the “package” when I buy a car, I have to take everything or nothing.

This is a user forum, and if you want a fourth package added, you have to talk to the engineers. Here is the link for  for Feature Requests: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

I’m trying to think of any company who does that. I never want all of the options in the “package” when I buy a car, I have to take everything or nothing.

It's like that with my cable TV and the local Chinese restaurant, too.   Bundled pricing is always cheaper than à la carte pricing.  That's nothing new.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bundled pricing is also cheaper for the provider. The provider only needs to handle one invoice... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're joking Abambo?

Or else you're on some fee retainer from Adobe.

We're in a consumer driven world...auto-generated computer invoicing (singular or multiple) is moot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

Or else you're on some fee retainer from Adobe.

I don't know what your mean.

Bundled prices are cheaper for the provider. Even auto generated invoicing generates costs to do business.

And please consider this:

The Adobe model is highly successful, so it meets users needs. You like it or you dislike it, but it was never cheap to work with professional tools like those provided by Adobe. Today it's cheaper than ever except if you bought once and never upgraded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the tone of your argument I can only guess you’re hoping for (or have already) a ‘thank you’ too from Adobe.

Keep drinking the kool aid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully jane-e​ and Nancy we're now discussing sematics...so in the interest of fairness...I can walk in to a car dealership and purchase a 'basic model' vehicle despite the seemingly cheap offer of the package extras I can have with my new car...so I pay for and drive away in my new basic model car...on the way home I order my favorite 'single' dish from a chinese restaurant despite being offered a 'buy 3 dishes and get 1 free' deal...then afterwards I call in to my favorite ice cream palour and immediately I'm told to upsize my ice cream order with a special deal of 'a trio serving of three flavours', I politely decline and yet I still can order a single serve of my favourite ice cream, vanilla...my day's been good and I'm happy, I've made choices despite the 'special offers'...I digress.

Universally businesses offer customers 'multiple' choices. It's business 101.

Which begs my original question, simply, Why does Adobe offer one choice, err correction push only one option? It's nonsensical.

So I ask instead, why not give customers, two options of rental - Option A. A single app or Option B. A bundle pack (or even better) Option C. Let the customer pick and choose their so desired 'bundle pack'.

My argument is solid.

Wake up and smell the roses Adobe.

Peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

So I ask instead, why not give customers, two options of rental - Option A. A single app or Option B. A bundle pack

Nice try but your argument doesn't hold water.  And you're implying that it's all or nothing which simply isn't true.  See screenshot.  Adobe offers BOTH a la cart and bundled pricing.   You choose the plan that best suits your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your input Nancy however please refrain from suggesting I’m implying anything.

I’m not, I’m only stating facts.

I have no use for Lr, instead I work off Lr Classic.

And the last time I checked here in Australia Adobe only offer Lr as a single app

NOT Lr Classic.

Plus any sweetener of additional cloud storage is redundant.

Since you volunteered a disclaimer by accepting a ‘thank you from Adobe’, may I ask what that entailed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if LR classic were available as a single App, the price would be double what you normally pay pay for Photography plan bundle.  Why pay more? 

thejeta1  wrote

Since you volunteered a disclaimer by accepting a ‘thank you from Adobe’, may I ask what that entailed?

Every now & then, Adobe sends me a gift card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg that’s my point.

A. Why is Lr Classic not offered?

and

B. It’s therefore clearly biased towards Adobe instead of starting from a neutral base by offering any app as a singular plan.

Plural gift cards??

What is the gift and how many have you received?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A: There's nothing biased towards Adobe here .  If I said you could have  LR Classic for $21/month or the exact same software in a bundle for $10/month, which would you choose?  An intelligent person will take the lower priced bundle every time. 

B:  I don't recall.  Besides, it's not important.

End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

can someone please explain why the 'Single App Plan' is double the price of say the 'Photographers Plan'?

To address this specifically, all Single App plans, since Day 1, have always been around US$20/month.

There was a push inside Adobe (apparently led by Thomas Knoll, creator of Photoshop) to recognize photographers specifically and bundle something especially for them. This led to a Black Friday promotion called the Photography Plan for $10/month back in 2013. It was such a hit that Adobe eventually made it permanent.

There are subtle differences between Photography Plan and Single App Photoshop so Adobe has always offered both

Differences between Photoshop and Creative Cloud Photography Programs

thejeta1  wrote

And, why does the SAP not allow Lightroom to be considered as one of the 'single apps'?

Adobe offers 3 different Photography Plans instead:

• LR (Cloud)+LR(Classic)+PS+20GB for half the price of a SAP
  • LR (Cloud)+LR(Classic)+PS+1TB
  • LR(Cloud)+1TB for half the price of a SAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

As a strong opponent of CC...

#metoo #downwithcc #saynotomonopolisticbusinesses

Hi thejeta1

Out of curiosity, can you tell us which plan or plans you currently have?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jane-e

Sure, I have the Photography plan with 20GB of Cloud storage (which I don't use).

It's in an annual plan, which I pay monthly @ AU$14.29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan came out in 2014 to attract new photographers to the Creative Cloud.  What began as a deeply discounted promotional offer has since been made permanent.  Perhaps that's why it looks odd compared to the single app plan.   If you need Photoshop, the Photography Plan is your best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines