• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thousands of NODE.EXE errors in Event Viewer after latest CC App update.

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have thousands of these errors in the event viewer when i let the creative cloud app running in the background.

as soon as i stop the CC app the errors also stop accumulating in the event viewer. i am alone with this issue?

with the old version of the CC app this did not happen. it started last week when i got the new version of the CC app.

2019-10-26_203748.jpg

2019-10-26_204722.jpg

there is no mentioning of and app in the error message but as i said when i stop the CC app i get no more error messages in the event viewer.  with some process lasso work i found out that the node.exe that produces the error sits in this folder:

C:\program files\common files\adobe\creative cloud libraries\libs\node.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having some really serious hesitations on my computer and opened Resource Monitor to find that my CPU was spiking because of Node.exe. I've closed everything one at a time and while overall CPU use went down the spiking kept going. I rebooted and the Node.exe reappeared and kept spiking the CPU. I then realized that when I closed everything, I didn't close Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop or Dropbox, so I closed both of those and the spiking stopped and Node.exe disappeared. I restarted Dropbox and everything was fine. Restarted the CC Desktop and Node.exe reappeared and started spiking the CPU again. Something is very wrong with the Desktop app. Please fix urgently! Windows 10 fully updated. Annotation 2019-10-26 212913.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have pushed an update to CCLibraries yesterday night. It should fix the problem. In case the update is not automatically pushed, just sign-out and sign-in back through CCD. It will force the update in couple of minutes.

Let us know if you are still facing the issue after update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that my problem appears to be fixed. Node.exe is no longer hogging my CPU. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines