Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get file sync to work

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble switching on File Sync, which means I've not been able to download anything from the Market. When I select 'Turn on File Sync' it just seems to think about it, then do nothing. Then when I go to preferences, it says file sync is off. I can't see an Adobe Files folder on my hard drive either. Help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

For those experiencing these symptoms:

• Adobe Creative Cloud is installed and runs, but the Files panel shows a generic 'welcome' screen.
  • If you have not synced files before, you may be missing the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in your user's home folder.
  • If you have previously synced some files, changes are not synced from the desktop to the cloud or vice versa.

Please try the following workaround:

MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application.

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Libr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact problem as liono86, and none of these links seem to be relevant to the issue at hand. I've never turned syncing on before, and now it won't start up. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey liono86 - don't know if you've made any headway, but i spent over an hour on the phone with adobe support and they couldn't figure out the issue. they grabbed some of my logfiles and they're going to get back to me. i'll add a reply when they find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem however I need to sync to a folder on a secondary drive. The message says that the syncing is beginning but then it turns off by itself a few minutes later.

I have a student/teacher edition and am only trying to sync 4GB of files. (I believe that the number of files is not very large.) I believe we get 20GB with this account?

I am running 10.7.5 and am running the latest versions of Creative Cloud.

Help!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems that several people are experiencing a similar issue. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for this.

I'd be very grateful if you could help us investigate by providing some more detailed information.

If you are unable to sync files between your desktop machine and the Creative Cloud, please zip up your entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below.

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync

Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read this page for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

I'd be grateful if you could email the zipped folder to bmordue@adobe.com along with as much of the following information as possible:

1. Are you seeing this issue more than one computer? Are you able to sync files on some computers but not others?

2. Are you working on a corporate network, or at home? Are there firewalls or proxies running on your network?

3. Are you able to sync fonts or install applications using the Creative Cloud desktop application?

4. Have you already been in contact with customer support? If so, please share your ticket number.

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have a 'Cloudsync' folder but I think you meant 'Coresync' folder so I attached that in my email.

Thank you for looking into this. Can you please confirm that the issue is not the limit is not the size. I have a student/teacher edition and believed I have a 20GB limit and I was trying to sync a 4GB folder.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As meditationu pointed out, "CloudSync" should be replaced by "CoreSync" in my post #5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Ben's instructions, I turned off the Creative Cloud App, deleted the "options.tix" file, then restarted the App. This allowed the sync to work, but it still will not let me sync to the folder I need (which is folder on another drive).

The error is "Cannot install to root path."

The path has no strange characters (Current/AV) and the drive is not external to my Mac Pro (it is an internal drive)

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing these symptoms:

• Adobe Creative Cloud is installed and runs, but the Files panel shows a generic 'welcome' screen.
  • If you have not synced files before, you may be missing the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in your user's home folder.
  • If you have previously synced some files, changes are not synced from the desktop to the cloud or vice versa.

Please try the following workaround:

MAC

2. In Terminal, copy and paste this command:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix

3. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

WINDOWS

2. Open the Start menu, and type 'cmd' in the search box, then enter to start a command prompt.

3. Copy and paste this command at the command prompt:

del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix

4. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application and start syncing.

Kind regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the problem for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well. Many thanks, Ben!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my non-syncing issue, thank you Ben!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what was suggested in the link by pasting del %APPDATA%\Adobe\CoreSync\options.tix in the command prompt and then restarted my computer. Reopened CC and started the sync process again. It acted like it was doing it - stated it had 17 hours left to sync but within 20 minutes is back to stating "Some files failed to sync". WHY? Really would like some sort of error because it is virtually impossible to troubleshoot this problem. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JuJuGrafiks,

We are working on improving the error messages.

In the mean time, does this document help at all?

Error: "Unable to sync files"

Regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you paste this?  Under "new command" or elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Polly,

You need to paste it at a command prompt. Which version of Windows are you using?

Windows 7: from the desktop, click on the 'Start' menu, then type 'cmd' (and enter) in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu.

Windows 8: from the tiled start screen, just start typing 'cmd', and 'Command prompt' should pop up as the first search result.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, I am using an iMac with OSX V10.8.5   I know NOTHING about computer programming or language so I appreciate specific instructions.  Thanks for the ongoing help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Polly,

These steps might be clearer than the ones above. Disregard my earlier steps, and try this instead:

2. In Finder, under the 'Go' menu, choose 'Go to Folder'.

3. Copy and paste this into the dialog box that comes up: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

(notice there's a tilde sign, '~', at the beginning -- that's important).

4. When you click 'Go', a folder should open. Delete options.tix in that folder.

5. Start the Creative Cloud desktop application and click 'Start syncing' in the Files panel.

Kind regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not Polly but was having the same issue. what you posted worked for me. If this helps Adobe find out what is wrong, I'm running OS Mavericks.  It happens if my computer restarts, or I take my MacBook from my home internet to a different internet, and restart for some reason.  FWIW. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I’m having trouble syncing files, it does not sync between the web and my local computer.

Im using a macbook pro retina on the latest mavericks update 10.9.5 and latest cc desktop app.

I’ve tried deleting the options.tix file - this does not work for me.

Basically it looks like file sync never turns on, even when it is turned on in the preferences of the desktop app.

See a screenshot of the assets tab here:

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.45.43 am.png

Basically at the moment I have different files on the web and in finder and neither sync.

I've emailed you the zipped up core sync folder, please let me know if you have a solution!

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MB305019,

Mike, this was a transient problem with the server which has been resolved. Please try syncing again now.

Best wishes,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,
I'm new to CC and it simple hasn't been syncing since the second or third day I used it.

Seriously got one file up and now it refuses to work. Rather frustrating...

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines