Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update to the latest version of PhotoShop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a trouble of updating PhotoShop with error code 183.  This may be due to PHOTOSHOPPREFSMANAGER.EXE was blocked as a malicious program by an antivirus program.  Is there anyone else having the similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Get-Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have tried 3 times and all of the updates failed with the same error C183. During the update around 57%, my anti-virus program popped up and detected PHOTOSHOPPREFSMANAGER.EXE with infection name W32/AutoIt.OP.gen!Eldorado. Action taken Deleted. How do we resolve this? I don't want to turn off my Anti-Virus program in case the update program indeed has a virus.

It happened similarly before to but when I tried a few days later, it was successful. I suspect the Cloud update program got corrupted with a virus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect your antivirus app had a false positive. This is not unlikely, in fact it happens constantly. Then it was reported and fixed so you could succeed. Report false poisitives to your antivirus maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines