• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to Photoshop 6 from CS 5.5 Design Premium

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS 5.5 Design Premium on my PC.  I purchased the upgrade to Photoshop 6 from Adobe.com.  The installation gives me an error message that I don't have a qualifying product and doesn't like the Serial # I enter for CS 5.5 Design Premium.  Is there anything I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Education version, upgrades are not allowed due to the discounted initial cost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of CS 5.5 Design Premium is not an education version.  It's the real deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Smith wrote:

If you have an Education version, upgrades are not allowed due to the discounted initial cost

Student versions can be upgraded to a commercial version e.g. CS5.5 STE (Student and Teacher Edition) can be upgraded to CS6 (normal).

What’s the Difference Between Adobe Student Editions vs. Regular? | ProDesignTools

STE versions cannot be transferred or resold and there is no upgrade from STE to STE between versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urban Landreman wrote:

I have CS 5.5 Design Premium on my PC.  I purchased the upgrade to Photoshop 6 from Adobe.com.  The installation gives me an error message that I don't have a qualifying product and doesn't like the Serial # I enter for CS 5.5 Design Premium.  Is there anything I can do?

You cannot upgrade from a suite to a standalone product.

Valid upgrade paths:

Standalone to Suite

Suite (any) to Suite (any)

Invalid upgrade path:

Suite (Design Premium CS5.5) to Standalone (Photoshop CS6)

You'll have to return the standalone Photoshop CS6 upgrade to Adobe

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

Then your options are to upgrade to any CS6 Suite or join the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: I feared that that was the case.  Now I have to figure out how to get my money back.  I wonder how long that will take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to contact Adobe.

User to user forums cannot help you with returning products for refunds, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To close the loop: I contacted Tech Support.  They gave me a special secret code to enter and Photoshop CS 6 installed.  Thanks all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Urban Landreman wrote:

They gave me a special secret code to enter and Photoshop CS 6 installed.

‌They gave you a code to upgrade to standalone Photoshop CS6 from Design Premium CS5.5?

That's a first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines