Copied

Why does syncing take so long? 2GB is taking 215 hours

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. We don't have the slightest clue about your Internet connection or other technical details since you have not provided that info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a fair enough comment, but I would have thought that syncing a mere 2GB of data, 215 hours seems a bit ridiculous, especially as it's not explained very well on the Adobe Cloud exactly what syncing is and how it benefits me. My internet connection is BT broadband and my download speed is 10 Mb/s, upload is 0.261 Mb/s crap I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wat,

We're aware that the displayed time estimates are not always accurate. Did your 2GB download actually complete in a reasonable time?

Regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

The 2GB seemed to upload instantaneously, it is on the cloud and I can view the files, but the icons for the files each have a small little arrow in the bottom left corner for some reason.

thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete,

The blue 'arrow' icon indicates that the file is being synced. Once the file has been synced, the icon should be a green check mark.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines