• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 8.2 has been out over a day, but neither my Creative Cloud updater nor my Photoshop CC update panel indicate its existence.  Shouldn't that happen automatically?  and, if so, when?

Do I have to download and update manually?

thanks,

grampus45

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Grampus, You can try the 2nd solution in this document -- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Removing the opm.db file -- this should force the CC app to re-check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grampus the Creative Cloud application refreshes every 12 hours.  You can force a refresh by quitting and reopening the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that several times.  Nothing. 

I am told by the chap(s) I talked to at Adobe that ACR 8.2 has not yet been released for CC versions of Photoshop or Photoshop CS6; only for LR and the perpetual version of CS6.  Is this correct?

thanks,

grampus45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I just checked in Photoshop CC and I have Camera RAW 8.2.0.94 installed.  Are you looking for new camera support from 8.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not.  But I am quite disturbed that my updating is not working as it should. That indicates something is wrong.  Is there any way I can force the update? or do it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grampus what version of Camera RAW does Photoshop CC currently show you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grampus, You can try the 2nd solution in this document -- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Removing the opm.db file -- this should force the CC app to re-check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff:  It is 8.1, and it was not recognized as being in need of upgrading to 8.2.

Pete, I haven't tried that -- as yet.  I am supposed to be getting a call from an Adobe tech (higher up the chain), and I thought I'd let things like that alone till that time.

Meanwhile, however, since my CS6 ACR did update to 8.2, I have copied it over to CC, and it's working fine.  But one shouldn't have to do that.  The tech who "escallated" my case to the higher up tech was told that this was a problem a number of people had encountered, and they were working on it.

Rather generally, the CC updater needs to have a button or menu item added to force recognition of (sync-ing with) what apps are located on the machine.  At the moment, it appears to know an app is resident only if (and when) it installs the app.  If, for some reason, it loses track of the apps it has installed, it ceases to check for updates for those apps.  That's really very silly and most unrobust.  There should be means for adding apps to the update check list and means for forcing an update even when the updater indicates an app is "up to date."  The fact that it says it is up to date is not a positive indication that it is.  This is true both for the CC desktop updater and the apps' own build-in update panel (Help->Update).

thanks,

grampus45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines